Taking the plunge

Last Updated:

1. JsT

JsT Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First of all my recent phone list: 6230, N73, N95, N97. All Nokia's. I've been a Nokia owner since 2002 without a break.

My current phone is the Nokia N97 and is the worst thing in the world, 9 months into an 18 month contract with it has left me with a hatred for the device and the network. However I have seen the light, and after hours upon hour of arguing with my network (3) they have very nicely agreed to swap my handset for an alternative. I nearly went Android at my last upgrade 9 months ago but didn't because I was comfortable with Nokia - big mistake.

Anyway, after much thinking and trying models in shops as well as influence from the geeks I work with I've gone Android with the HTC Desire. The device is being delivered tomorrow whether the courier taking away my Nokia at the same time, I feel sorry for the poor sod who gets it on refurb!

Anyway, looking at things I've got a lot to learn and Android looks so fantastic compared to the chunky slow underperforming Symbian devices that Nokia have churned out recently.

No doubt I'll have some noob questions to ask over the coming weeks! :D

Advertisement
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Welcome to Android Forums, enjoy your new Desire :D

3. Hardcore

Hardcore Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Don

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Another voice saying, "Welcome!" We're glad to have you! Please feel free to join in!

5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums!