Taking the Plunge

Last Updated:

1. TexasAg03

TexasAg03 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've finally done it. I ordered a Droid X from Walmart {dot} com for the tidy sum of $79. I couldn't resist it at that price and it will be here Wednesday.

I am coming from an iPhone 3Gs on AT&T. I am not switching because of network issues - I haven't had any problems. I'm not switching because of "antennagate" - my wife's iPhone 4 is just fine. I just found something very appealing about Android and about the Droid X in particular.

Dual antennas - we do live in a rural area and while I haven't had any issue with AT&T service, an extra antenna never hurts.

Three microphones - I have 3 young sons, and the audio quality of videos is important to me, too. Any help with call quality is great, too.

Dedicated camera button - see above. Anything that speeds up camera access is a plus.

The screen - while the iPhone 4's screen is gorgeous (it really is), I just can't get past the extra real estate. I have big hands.

Like I said - I don't have any major issues with AT&T or Apple or the iPhone. It's a great product and, for many people, is just what they need (my dad, for one).

Advertisement
  2. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Enjoy your new X when it arrives. Plan on endlessly fiddling with widgets and settings on your fully customizable device. ;)

3. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

+1
    ....and therefore, plan on spending a lot of time on these forums to learn about all the stuff you can do with your X.

4. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

You may not be switching because of network problems but you won't go back because of them :)

5. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

Ummm, soooo what does three microphones have to do with three kids? One mic for each one?? :confused:

6. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

One of the mics is for noise cancellation, and it works very well

7. TexasAg03

Having the three mics allows for better noise cancellation during recording. With an 18 month old, good sound is important - I want to get those cute little garble words.

8. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

:D

9. LaZeR

LaZeR Well-Known Member

Sorry.. but this thread reminded me of this:

[​IMG]

/Carry on. :D

10. TexasAg03

I have been told I'm a turd. :D