Talk To Type lacking basic features (?)Support

Last Updated:

1. fizbin

fizbin Member This Topic's Starter

I am very impressed with Talk To Type's accuracy. It's great for chat and many informal things but seems to be missing some features that would have been very easy to implement.

1. Automatic capitalization - no brainer - it should capitalize obvious proper names, the word "I" and the beginning of every sentence, or at least this should be an option.
    2. Automatic punctuation - it should be an option to place a period at the end of each phrase (defined by when you stop speaking) and if the beginning word was "who", "what", "where", "when", "how", etc...it should be an option to automatically enter a question mark. I get that you can speak the name of the punctuation mark, but this option would make it more useful.
    3. Numbers less than ten should be spelled out (e.g. "nine" instead of "9")

It's so accurate compared to many that I've tried to use in the past, yet it doesn't have these super-basic and very easily implemented features. It makes it less useful for e-mail, especially corporate e-mail, where the mail needs to not resemble a high school text message.

If this is configurable somewhere and I have simply missed it, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Jay

Advertisement
  2. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

No capital letters bugs the hell out of me. Makes no sense.

3. fizbin

Yeah, even most pathetically inaccurate and impossible to use speech recognition programs seem to have capitalization and punctuation mastered.

4. Phandroid1

Phandroid1 Member

I agree with your frustration over the capitalization and the automatic punctuation. But it is possible to add punctuation verbally. If you just say "period," "comma," "exclamation point," etc. it will produce those symbols.

5. fizbin

Is there a feature request forum somewhere that is monitored by anyone who matters?