• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Talkatone Setup

Trixe

Lurker
Aug 15, 2012
I have set up both Talkatone and Google Voice on my phone. I am able to send and receive texts using Talkatone as well as make outgoing calls. However, each incoming call goes directly to voicemail - which shows up on Google Voice, not on Talkatone. Anyone have suggestions on which setup options should be modified ?:mad:

I have set up both Talkatone and Google Voice on my phone. I am able to send and receive texts using Talkatone as well as make outgoing calls. However, each incoming call goes directly to voicemail - which shows up on Google Voice, not on Talkatone. Anyone have suggestions on which setup options should be modified ?:mad:
Turn off both in the settings and dial *71<talkatone#> and press Call, this will use VZW's conditional call forwarding feature to send calls to on a busy, no answer, reject, or no response (no network/powered off) condition to the target number. Just do a *73 and press Call to end Call Forwarding and return to a default state (VZW Voicemail). Works the same for Google Voice, actually this is the way GV recommends setting up GV VM on Verizon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones