• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

talked to VZW about the T-bolt?? share your convo's here!

SolidOrange

Android Expert
Sep 10, 2010
Clemson, SC
well, we have a best buy thread, but not one specifically for comments from Verizon (and it's employees). i swung by my nearest corporate store today while running some errands and talked to a manager.

Employee 1: Welcome to Verizon, how can I help you today?

Me: Do you have any information on the release date for the HTC Thunderbolt?

Employee 1: I have heard nothing except that it is "coming soon", would you like to speak to a manager?

Me: Certainly, any information is good information at this point.

Manager: I hear you are interested in the Thunderbolt! I can tell you that I, myself, am very excited to get my hands on it.

Me: Can you tell me what day that will be?

Manager: I can't say.

Me: You don't know, or you can't say?

Manager: I can't say.

Me: I have heard some rumors about the 24th and 28th, have you heard anything on those dates?

Manager: Since you already seem to know, we are hoping to get it on Thursday (the 24th), but expecting it next Monday (the 28th).

Me: Are you currently taking pre-orders.

Manager: Absolutely not, but if you would like to leave your phone number, we will call you the moment it arrives.

There are some very strange phrasings in his answers, but at least the manager was somewhat helpful. Sounds like the employees over there are as in the dark and impatient as we are to get this thing on the shelves!

Reactions: EgoDogg
I called spoke about 20 verizon stores last week and 10 more today, they all said the 2/24/11 was the day. If does not arrive on the 24th as they elated to me then my faith in them as professional company will be somewhat questionable. Best Buy reps stated whole heart-edly that 2/14/11 which was complete BS. However with BB was so sure of them selves i sold a very good Droid X now I have a crappy Iphone 4 and the last day on the 14 day is 2/28/11 before i am locked. Before i have keep this POS iphone i will cancel the contract on the 28th and transfer to sprint until they decide to quit f** us over on this release date. Sure it is more money throwed away because the delay but who cares if you are not happy. The whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth with both Verizon & Best Buy

Upvote 0
Oh, I also remember some guy came into another thread citing himself as an official source saying that it is confirmed on the 28th. And claiming that he has played with it. Turned out he was just a salesperson with a dummy unit who heard that date from his boss.
Sounds like every other Verizon store and a few Bestbuys are all claiming the 24th though.

Upvote 0
My conversation with a Verizon kiosk employee:

Me: What's the word on the Thunderbolt?

VZ Employee: Thunderbolt, what word??

Me: Any news on a release date?

VZE: Nope, haven't heard a thing as to when they will be available. Have you given any thought to the Iphone 4?

Me: Nope, if I were to go Iphone, I'd wait until the 5 comes out this summer.

VZE: You know there is no guarantee that VZ will have a 5 to sell.

Upvote 0
My conversation with a Verizon kiosk employee:

Me: What's the word on the Thunderbolt?

VZ Employee: Thunderbolt, what word??

Me: Any news on a release date?

VZE: Nope, haven't heard a thing as to when they will be available. Have you given any thought to the Iphone 4?

Me: Nope, if I were to go Iphone, I'd wait until the 5 comes out this summer.

VZE: You know there is no guarantee that VZ will have a 5 to sell.

There are mostly likely told not to sell futures.

Upvote 0
What is with all of the "If it does not come out on the 24th I will blah blah blah"? It's just a phone. It's like if you order a pizza, they give you an estimated time to ease your wait. You wouldn't leave if your pizza wasn't out in 15 minutes exactly. I think they should just tell people sometime before Christmas because this is ridiculous. Maybe Verizon has to sell 10 million iPhones before releasing any other phone to meet their contract with apple? The official word, from the horse's (Verizon) mouth, is that the Bolt is "Coming Soon". So until "Coming Soon" passes, no one technically has the right to be mad.

Upvote 0
I spoke with Verizon guy at the store. He said they haven't told them anything but if he were to put his money it would be 24th or at worst 28th. He said he would be disappointed it it went to March (he said most likely it won't happen). He gave me his cell number and asked me to call on Wednesday. He said they got iphone shipment day before launch.

Upvote 0
I spoke with Verizon guy at the store. He said they haven't told them anything but if he were to put his money it would be 24th or at worst 28th. He said he would be disappointed it it went to March (he said most likely it won't happen). He gave me his cell number and asked me to call on Wednesday. He said they got iphone shipment day before launch.
Pretty much my same story. The 24th and latest will be the 28th.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones