Talking on phone w/ headphones problem

Last Updated:

1. Barfighter

Barfighter Active Member This Topic's Starter

Lately when I make a call with headphones on the person on the other end cannot hear me..I will be listening to music. Pull up the contact. Music fades. I hear phone ringing. They answer I hear them fine but they cannot hear me..Very frustrating especially since this is a business phone for me...Any ideas? User error (I hope)?

Advertisement
  2. r00n

r00n Guest

Can you record your own voice? This way you can find out if it is the mic or the phone what is giving problems

3. cheri703

cheri703 Member

Are you using general "listening to music" headphones, or headphones with a mic? NO phone I've had would let you talk when "listening to music" headphones were plugged in (not that they don't exist). It might not be the phone that is messing up...

4. Barfighter

I will check. Thanks for the advice.
    I am in the United States, California to be exact. We met a family who re now our best friends moved here from the Netherlands about 2 years ago.

5. Barfighter

I will change heaphones but I am almost certain I have been using these for quite some time and have used the phone w/ them. Could be wrong tough (happens quite often).

6. pacha248

pacha248 Member

I switched over from a Pre to the Hero, and it was possible to use the Pre's built-in microphone to talk while using regular headphones.

7. Barfighter

That is what i thought I was doing before the glitch

8. blampars

blampars Well-Known Member

i listen to music on my hero all day while i'm at work with "just music" headphones. I have no problems making or receiving calls with them plugged in.

9. cheri703

cheri703 Member

It must have just been the phones I've had then. I didn't say they didn't exist, just that none I'd had would let you. I hope that the situation gets resolved. Perhaps I don't get why it's difficult to unplug, then answer?