• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Talking to Me

Hi Yes i have done that and I have cleared the cresh with the power,volume and home key but still no luck. I have taken a screen shot but I can't seem to uploaded.
Does your talkback issue affect a particular app, or is it talking in every app you open up? If its specific to a particular app, you might want to check that app's settings to see if it uses talkback function and disable it there.

Upvote 0
Does your talkback issue affect a particular app, or is it talking in every app you open up? If its specific to a particular app, you might want to check that app's settings to see if it uses talkback function and disable it there.

Hi no its random its does it on the BBC news app the Met Office Weather app the you tube app google search page and more but then there are apps it dose not effect. It tends to lock on to the add in the app and reads it out. but I can move it about with my finger to parts with writing on it and then reads that.
I think I have to do a full reset but thats going to be a big pain witch I do not want to do Thanks.

Paul

Upvote 0
try going back to Accessibility options.

Talkback - Off
Addons Detector - Off
Install Web Scripts - Not Allowed

And see if you still have the talkback problem?

Yes Yes that's great it has stopped doing it, but I only done Install web scripts to "Not Allowed" as I can't find "Addons Detector" but it has stopped and that's what I wanted. But when it was doing it was that the "Talkback" working or just a bug??

So many many thanks Paul

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones