• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tanking

Well it is more a situation where I am first win or lose. and If i lose this week, Ill end up playing that same guy again cause he will be last seed in playoffs and he has a pretty sad team. I just kinda feel shitty for the other person that has a chance to get last seed, so I probably wont end up doing it.

Upvote 0
I just kinda feel shitty for the other person that has a chance to get last seed, so I probably wont end up doing it.

Someone did that to me last year to get me out of the playoffs because I had Chris Johnson and a really good team. I was tied for 4th but got bumped out because he lost to the 4th place team on purpose (started his bench). I was pretty pissed..

Nonetheless, if you lose you could still get bumped out of the playoffs so it would be a huge gamble.

Upvote 0
Someone did that to me last year to get me out of the playoffs because I had Chris Johnson and a really good team. I was tied for 4th but got bumped out because he lost to the 4th place team on purpose (started his bench). I was pretty pissed..

Nonetheless, if you lose you could still get bumped out of the playoffs so it would be a huge gamble.

I will probably just play who I usually would play. Cause if I was on the other end of things like you.. I would be pretty livid. And this league I am talking about, I did with some friends from college, so I dont want to end up getting into some stupid drunken fight a year later over it lol.

Upvote 0
I am not going to do it cause I dont want to draw the ire of friends over a few hundred bucks. But I dont see too much of an issue with it. Actual sports teams don't play to win even. It boarders sportsmanship and strategy depending who you ask imo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones