Tanking

Last Updated:

1. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Would it be unethical or cheap to throw a game in fantasy football to play a lesser team in the playoffs?

Advertisement
  2. Ninja Monkey

Ninja Monkey Well-Known Member

YES! If I was the manager of your league and it was obvious you sat your top players to get a favorable matchup I would exclude you from the playoffs and award your spot to the next team.

You ALWAYS play to win.

3. VegasOnAcid

If your playing to win then you would want to play the lesser team..

4. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

FF is so random, your efforts to tank may end up putting the best points on the field... Do what you have to do. unless you are trying to play me then well that's your loss ;)

5. VegasOnAcid

Well it is more a situation where I am first win or lose. and If i lose this week, Ill end up playing that same guy again cause he will be last seed in playoffs and he has a pretty sad team. I just kinda feel shitty for the other person that has a chance to get last seed, so I probably wont end up doing it.

6. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Someone did that to me last year to get me out of the playoffs because I had Chris Johnson and a really good team. I was tied for 4th but got bumped out because he lost to the 4th place team on purpose (started his bench). I was pretty pissed..

Nonetheless, if you lose you could still get bumped out of the playoffs so it would be a huge gamble.

7. VegasOnAcid

I will probably just play who I usually would play. Cause if I was on the other end of things like you.. I would be pretty livid. And this league I am talking about, I did with some friends from college, so I dont want to end up getting into some stupid drunken fight a year later over it lol.

8. Ninja Monkey

Ninja Monkey Well-Known Member

No, I mean you play to win EVERY game. Dude, it's just a shitty thing to do. I've seen guys that have played in a league for years pull this crap and be banned from the league. It's called sportsmanship.

9. VegasOnAcid

I am not going to do it cause I dont want to draw the ire of friends over a few hundred bucks. But I dont see too much of an issue with it. Actual sports teams don't play to win even. It boarders sportsmanship and strategy depending who you ask imo.