1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Tap and Pay, G2, in the USA on SprintSupport

Last Updated:

1. TahoeRunner

TahoeRunner Member

Hello all,

Can anyone confirm that the USA LG-G2 on Sprint "can and does" function properly with the Google Wallet Tap&Pay system?

I'm reading at some sites that it does, yet it is not on Google's official list of phones that work with the system.

Much thanks for relevant posts. :D

TahoeRunner
    01/15/2014 at 5:48am, PST

Advertisement
    ianrosean likes this.
  2. Largepkg

Largepkg Well-Known Member

Good question. I've had my G2 for 2 weeks now and tried my wallet account at the local 7/11 last week. It didn't work. I chalked it up to their system but after reading this post yesterday I tried at another 7/11 and the same thing. I'm pretty sure all my settings are correct. I have NFC enabled and my wallet account seems to be fine. Hell, it worked fine a week before I purchased the phone using my old Gnex.

Would like to hear others accounts with this or maybe a setting I'm missing?
  3. Largepkg

After a brief search I found that tap to pay will not function until we have 4.4. Something to do with the secure element. Kind of a bummer...
  4. ianrosean

ianrosean Active Member

I read that it will only work once your on KitKat, There is the CyanogenMod 11 updates for the G2 out already to put you at 4.4, I'm just nervous to do it.. I already rooted and installed recovery and backed everything up but I am on a 2 year contract and i am scared to brick this thing lol
  5. Largepkg

I had CM 10 on my Gnex but it had some bugs even though it was a stable release. I don't care about voiding the warranty as much as losing functionality. I like some of the quirky features of the G2 like slide aside, knock on, etc. Not sure if you lose all these with CM but I would think you do.

I'll just wait another month or so for kitkat.
    ianrosean likes this.