• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tap one text message thread and a different one opens?

unwallflower

Jun 1, 2010
I've been finding that since the update, my phone opens up text message threads that I didn't tap. This mostly happens when I am going through menus quickly because I'm in a hurry. For example, I'll have one text thread open, hit the "back" button to go back to the list of all the threads, tap the thread at the top of the screen (or anywhere really), and it opens up an entirely different thread. It's not like it's opening the one right above or below it because I didn't tap accurately... most of the time it opens up a thread that was so far down that it wasn't even shown on the screen.

When I'm in a hurry I've sent texts to people that I didn't mean to send them to. This is really annoying... anyone else having this problem? Anyone know of a way to fix it?

I had this problem with my Hero and it was one of the big reasons I got rid of it.

This happens to me all the time. I click on the thread with my girlfriend, and start typing my reply. Good thing I look, and see that it actually opened the thread with this girl I work with, and am the boss of. That would have been very inappropriate. Its a strange bug and doesn't make much sense since its not based on where you touch the screen. :thinking:

Upvote 0
re-calibrate the screen? never had the issue, though I did not do the update yet and prolly won't do it ever with all the issues I hear about from users post update

I tried recalibrating... no dice. I don't think it's a screen problem because it sometimes opens threads that weren't even shown on the screen (like, I would have had to scroll down to even see it).

I'm so glad I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I felt like I was going crazy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones