Tap screen to see missed calls and messagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Triska

Triska Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 5, 2010
    If I missed a call or text while my Dare's screen was blank, all I needed to do was tap on it to wake it up and see who the call or text was from while the phone was still locked. On my Dinc, I have to press the top button to wake it up. Is there a way to change the settings so I can go back to just tapping the screen to wake it up?

Call me crazy, but that's just one of a few things that are making me miss my Dare! Don't get me wrong, I love my Dinc, but when you've been used to certain shortcuts for a few years, it's hard to change.

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    I had the Dare before and I was never to just be able to tap to screen to wake it up(otherwise my phone would be constantly making phone calls when in my pocket) unless it was just a few seconds after the call or text and the phone's screen was just dimmed (not off) because the dare "woke up" on the receipt of a text and missed call...

But as for the incredible, which only "wakes up" when a call is being received and not when a text is received if you are using the stock message app, (I believe there is other market apps that will wake the phone on the receipt of a text, Handcent I think.), the only other option to wake your phone is to press the optical joystick button, but you can only do that if you are rooted.
  3. fatpomp

fatpomp Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    You do not need to be rooted to use the optical joystick to wake the phone. Widgetlocker and other lock screen apps allow you to do this.