tapatalk anyone?

Last Updated:

1. doad13

doad13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok i know there are threads throughout the forum on this but i was wondering if anyone here uses it on there desire and if so what its like speed wise, ease of use etc.

Its only

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I use it and its $2.99 which equates to about

3. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Just got this app, and a few questions.

How can you tell which threads you've subscribed to?
    How can you jump straight to unread posts in a thread?
    How can you access your subscribed thread page?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

4. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

I tried it for Xda, prefer the browser myself.

5. Sapa

Sapa Well-Known Member

I don't use it as I think why pay for something you can do for free pretty painlessly. I really dislike the annoying message it sends at the end of each post though...'sent from my HTC......'

There's an option to remove it I think.

6. doad13

App paid for pretty pleased with it so far and you can disable the tapatalk signature which is good.

Once you have logged onto a forum that is saved to you favourites you can then access the favourites tab in that forum to show your topics with the unread ones highlighted. Hope that helps :)

7. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Sig turned off.

Have noticed better battery than using the browser.

BUT I'm missing the functionality the browser gives like goto first unread, identify subscribed/posted in threads.

Am still in period for refund, and very torn whether to keep or get a refund.

8. tcope

tcope Well-Known Member

No notifications from the app itself on new posts as this is not a function of the board. Notifications come out via email. However you pick up email is how you'd be informed. The email would contain a link which would be opened in a browser. I'd have to say that this is not a fault of the app, as it's how the board software does the notifications.

When I bring up a form the default few is Latest posts. There is a button to change this to Unread. Backing up, there is also a tab to just display the forms on the board.

I like the layout that the app gives when reading the boards. It's _much_ easier to navigate the form with the app then a browser.

It's also nice for those ad intensive boards... as you don't have to load them with this app.

The developer appears to be updating the app quite often.

I think it's worth the $3 or so that it costs.

9. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

You misunderstand what I mean.

In a browser I can see visually what I posted in when looking at the thread list. I can't in the app.

I can then go to the first NEW post since last looking at that thread. The app doesn't.

I also subscribe, but no email notification, on threads I'm following. I can't get to this in the app.

Yes it's only

10. doad13

11. tuatha

tuatha Well-Known Member

Used it once, much preferred the browser. Seemed a bit pointless to me.

If you do start using it, please make a point of switching off that bloody 'powered by tapatalk' sig. It drives me nuts! And I doubt I'm the only one!

12. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

I have the free client installed, but it couldn't open the Desire forum here...

I run three vBulletin forums (on some photography websites I run) and will be looking to make them Tapatalk compatible.

Ian

13. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Well I got a refund.

The lack of a way to tell threads I've posted in when viewing the main desire forum is a big issue for me. I'd have expected say Orange for following/posted in and another colour for everything else.

Also having to pick out the first new post I havent read in a thread window is a right PITA. I'd have stuck with it if it'd have jumped to the post like the browser version does.

The promise is good, but lacking in so many ways.

14. Nunley

Nunley Well-Known Member

Yeah my thoughts exactly. I usually use the mobile skin for this forum. Maybe we're missing something or I don't understand a function that it provides. I see the "written on my tapatalk pro" all over the board and I don't get it. Anyone users want to answer?

15. doad13

I use this in a few forums. I find that it is easier to switch between forums/ subscribed topics on multiple forums than using the web browser.

I find that if i am at my desk I will use the pc and web browser but if am on the train on traveling than tapatalk seems faster.

I would also say that it wont use as much of my internet as the web browser but dont really pay much attention to this. I have never used the mobile skin so maybe that is also an option.

and yes as you can see below I have the tapatalk sig turned off :)