Tapatalk signature.

1. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Anyone have an idea why my tapatalk signature does not show up on my post on these forums. I have tried removing androidforums from my tapatalk favorites altogether. Then adding the forums back to my favorites. Still doesn't show. My tapatalk signature shows up on every other saved/favorite sites/forums in my tapatalk app, except this one. Anyone else have this happen to them or know of a solution? Help is much appreciated. :)

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Just tried it in this post with a Tapatalk signature :D

EDIT: No success ...

Harry
  3. FZDolfan

FZDolfan Member

I believe forum owners can disable tapatalk signatures.
    Not sure why they would want to do this. Do signatures annoy them?
    In any case, I think that's what it is.
  4. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

I must admit I find the "Sent from my xxx using Tapatalk" slightly annoying. :(
  5. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I don't have a signature on Tapatalk, I removed it as I too find them annoying :rolleyes:
  6. dralways

dralways Well-Known Member

Hmm..

Sent from Samsung Galaxy IV using Tapatalk
  7. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Still nothing...hmmm.
  8. Tsepz_GP

Tsepz_GP Well-Known Member

Testing testing

EDIT: Yep doesnt work, admin must have disabled, personaly dont mind, but would be cool if it showed.
  9. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Thread moved to the Android Applications section.

I'll look into this for you. :)

Edit: Answer: Sigs only show one post per user per thread.
  10. Wangta

Wangta Well-Known Member

AH - was curious about this as well. Don't care either way - but thought I had disabled something!
  11. THE RED BLUR

THE RED BLUR Well-Known Member

This is crazy. I find coming from xda signatures to be helpful if used properly as it helps to identify what Rom you are on, kernel, phone, modem etc.....

And these things help in threads like kernel support and Rom support for debugging and saves time in writing these things manually all the time.

My 2 cents.
  12. Slug

Slug Check six! VIP Member

As noted above, signatures (whether posted via app or browser) only show once per thread. This was implemented to make viewing easier for the many members who access AF via mobile devices, and to reduce server load. Less space taken up by duplicate sigs = more space for useful stuff. :)
  13. THE RED BLUR

THE RED BLUR Well-Known Member

Completely disagree. It causes more clutter as you don't know what everyone one else is using in terms of Rom, kernel so you have to ask the question.

If you just made it so the hide function is mandatory then that would reduce the space. That's what I do in Tapatalk.

So people who want to see my details when I'm giving debug, feedback can easily choose to view it. :)
  14. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

I was a member when Tapatalk was first enabled for this forum, and sigs were included at the time. I can't tell you how many posts ended with "sent from my xxxxx using Tapatalk". It was beyond annoying, and trust me when I tell you that few, if anyone, used their sigs responsibly by putting ROM and kernel info there. I, for one, am glad that the sigs are restricted.