Tapatalk - what do I do with itGeneral

Last Updated:

1. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

I saw people using Tapatalk so I thought that might be something useful and I installed it. But now I really don't know what to do with it. Postings on forums I usually do with the PC although I guess I could use the N7 for which I have a bluetooth keyboard.

So tell me guys, for what do you use Tapatalk and do you find it to be useful.

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Tapatalk is only useful if you intend to frequent forums that accept it (like this one). I do have occasion to visit this and several other forums from my mobile devices (phone and tablet) and Tapatalk though flawed is much easier to navigate than using a mobile browser.
    whs37 likes this.
  3. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

Thanks, that's what I thought it would do. Since I have a lot of space on the 32GB N7, I'll keep it for the time being.
  4. DC IT

DC IT Well-Known Member

I use Tapatalk on my Galaxy Note/Galaxy Camera and Nexus 7 for reading and posting on Forums when I'm on the move or away from my PCs.

Viewing forums on the mobile devices' web browsers is not very suitable as the text is small and you have to pinch and zoom to view the postings.
    Tapatalk's text is correctly sized for easy viewing and posting.
    It also allows me to add the forums that I frequent to my favorites so I can easily switch from one to the other and I'm already presign in and ready to view and post.

So if you don't use your mobile for forums then there is no need for Tapatalk.
    whs37 likes this.
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I use it for here whilst at work, XDA occasionally and one of the other forums I mod on, Wiiuforums.com.

For general posting/browsing, it's great on the move, but there are some things which work better on a full browser though.
    whs37 likes this.
  6. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Looks like being useful for "on the move". Maybe I'll use it during vacation where I have a WiFi at the place where I usually go.
  7. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

whs37 likes this.
  8. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

I find it has too many things going on and difficult to navigate. I tried it for a few days and found it much faster and easier to use a browser. I have bookmarks to the forums I follow. I just open Naked Browser (which opens my html bookmark page), one click and I'm where I want to be, one more click and the text is the size I want.
  9. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

I think you are right. I will uninstall it.
  10. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I use it for the majority of my forum browsing. I don't have access to a PC for most of the day
  11. Hoppy

Hoppy Well-Known Member

I have only just started using Tapatalk in the last week and I think it's great. I regularly visit several forums and having them all in one place is great. It's much easier to pick up my N7 and browse the forums than go to my laptop. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  12. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

i like to lay in bed and browse this forum. now i dont need my bulky laptop setting on me. i can just open tapatalk and do almost everything i can do on the web.
  13. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I got Tapatalk way back in 2010 when I was using a Droid Eris. For me, Tapatalk was a life saver, since browsing through the web browser was insanely slow (back then, your device itself was a bottleneck, not just your connection). Tapatalk made life much easier so you could just click on a topic, and it would load within a second or two, rather than 30+ seconds. So if you had a slow device, it made using forums a whole lot less painfully slow. Not to mention, when your connection WAS an issue, it made forums perfectly usable even over 2G.

Now I use it purely because the UI is more suitable for mobiles and out of habit. Both my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 are more than capable of browsing this site fully.