tapping on phone icon won't bring up keypadSupport

1. balfoort

balfoort New Member

I have the incredible 2. When I tap on the phone icon from the main screen, nothing happens except the word 'phone' appears just above the icon. I have had the phone for a month, and have had no issues. I have also noticed that all of my texts don't show the name of the person from my phone book. It only shows their number. This happened a couple of days ago and don't know what to do. Please help. I can't dial any numbers unless they are a stored number i have saved. Oh, and I have already powered down and removed the battery...no luck!

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Welcome to the forums! :)

I'm going to move your post to the Droid Inc 2 subforum, you'll hopefully get a better response there.
    balfoort likes this.
  3. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Try going into settings>applications>manage applications>all>phone then click clear data.
    This is assuming you have all your contacts backed up on Google or something.
    You could also try clearing data in Google or people in that menu too.
    Otherwise a factory reset.
  4. Samhillz

Samhillz Member

Can't help the keypad issue but maybe with the text issue. When I set up my phonebook names/numbers, I didn't put the in the area code for people in the same one as me, and texts only showed the number, no name. The ones with a different area code would show the names. I edited the contacts and used the area code for all numbers and now all the contact names appear in the texts.

Sam
  5. balfoort

balfoort New Member

That didn't work. I also noticed that all my favorite contacts usually show their picture and they don't. It like the phone book is not communicating with other functions.
  6. macwolf

macwolf New Member

Was there any fix you could find for this problem I am currently having the same issue and I don't know what to do to fix it
  7. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

The only fix for this is factory reset unless you're rooted.
  8. jdfet

jdfet Member

I am rooted and am having the exact same issue..... what can be done? I cant make calls at all since the phone keypad wont come up. I can get calls but then I get the notice that Google something or other has failed and must close....then the 'Forceclose' button.
  9. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

What ROM are you running?