1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Task App with Calendar Integration?

Last Updated:

1. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I absolutely love Astrid, but it's missing one key feature for me. Calendar integration. I need the tasks to synchronize with the Android calendar.

Does such an app exist? Preferably one that is similar to Astrid?

Advertisement
  2. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

I haven't used this feature myself, but when editing a task in Astrid there is a check box for "Add to Calendar". In Astrids preferences you can specify which calendar events should be added to when this box is checked.

Does this not do what you want?

3. Asterdroid

It doesn't give me any calendars to chose from other than the default astrid calendar, which is internal and doesn't integrate with the phone calendar.

P.S. If this is the same UncleMike that helped me earlier on the Tasker forums, thanks!

4. Asterdroid

Christ you can't even do this with Gtasks since the tasks don't appear in the phone calendar, even though they're in google calendar. That's re-god-damn-diculous.....

There has to be some way to do this.......

5. JemmyDucks

JemmyDucks Well-Known Member

I use Gtask together with Agenda Widget. The latter can include the gtasks in the widget (which is, btw, much nicer than the Motorola calendar widget, imo).

6. Asterdroid

Thanks, but the whole reason I'm looking for this is because I love the new LauncherPro Plus calendar widget. It's got silky smooth scrolling, and is much less of a memory hog than pure calendar.

Only thing is, it's missing task app integration. Maybe it'll get added in the future.

7. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

I think the problem is that Google Mail's API doesn't included hooks for tasks. Therefore all these third party apps cannot access the google task information and therefore cannot integrate it. They can add their own tasks, but as you've already found, it isn't the same.