task killer and live apps

Last Updated:

1. TakinFreewaysNightly

TakinFreewaysNightly Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 14, 2010
    So i have bugless beast v8 on my droid and when im running livewallpaper and end tasks it kills my livewallpaper... I know I could just uncheck it everytime but I have a widget for it and that's just a hassle and defeats the purpose...anyone know how to stop this??

Also does anyone know where to download that random generated smoke livewallpaper I've seen before? Or is that only for a certain rom?? What is 'smoked glass'??

Last..why doesn't bugless beast v8 have the 3D app drawer?? Can u add that or I gotta get a whole different rom??

2. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    what task killer are you using? You can use Advanced Task Manager (free or paid) and just choose to exclude it and it wont get ended when youre running the LWP.

Not sure what smoke wallpaper youre talking about. BB comes with a "Magic Smoke Wallpaper" not sure if thats what youre talking about.

Launcher2 is buggy, and thats why Pete left it out of 'bugless' beast ROM, but i kinda get the feeling he's gonna add the new Helix Launcher to his ROM which can have the 3d App drawer.
  3. carlz28

carlz28 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    I've been running the Cyanogen ROM and it has the laucher2/3D app tray included. Been running it for 4 days now and not one single FC. Every other ROM I've tried just doesn't like the launcher2. But Koush has somehow tweaked it to work pretty much flawlessly on this ROM, even in landscape mode. AFAIK, this is the only ROM that has the 3D launcher that is stable. I may try to dissect the ROM and use the launcher2.apk and try it with Chevy's Simply Stunning as I like the look and feel better than Cyanogen.
    But if you really want the 3D launcher, give Koush's Cyanogen ROM a try. It has basically everything else that the other devs have in their ROMs plus its OC'd as well.