Task Killer and Live WallpaperSupport

Last Updated:

1. jdalin

jdalin New Member This Topic's Starter

On my Nexus One, certain live wallpapers that I've downloaded will work right up until the first time I use my task killer, at which point all tasks plus the live wallpaper are killed and I'm back to the default wallpaper. Oddly, other downloaded wallpapers do not have this problem.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for it?

Thanks.

Jim

Advertisement
  2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Bin the task killer, it is completely unnecessary.

3. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

I've been a month without a task killer.... and I'll never install another one.

As Rusty! mentioned, they're completely unnecessary.

4. Espike

Espike Well-Known Member

Why do you guys say they're unneccesary? If theres a better way to accomplish what it does, I'd like to dump mine too.

5. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

What do you think they're accomplishing, exactly?

Try this:

1. Uninstall it.
    2. Use your phone as normal all day.

If you see massive performance problems/difference, something is wrong with your phone.

Then go to Settings | About Phone | Battery Use -- I bet nothing that you were ever killing constantly with your task manager even shows up on that list.

Espike likes this.
  6. Shadzy

Shadzy Member

Ryjabo is correct, the application does kill programs off, but in order for a user to make any logical sense out of using that software, they would need to go to the Battery Use page, and when they do, 99% of the programs there aren't listed as things that will "drain your battery".

Espike likes this.
  7. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Do a quick search of Google or AF and you'll find a lot of articles/threads stating why you don't need one.

Why you don’t need a task killer app with Android. : AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android.

Only reason you might is that if you have a very BAD app that is not codded properly. Then you would want to kill it. But then if the app is rogue, you'd want to uninstall it and find a better substitute. For this reason, the Froyo Application management setting is pretty good.

OP: Live wallpaper is always running in the back ground, if you kill it, you basically end the wallpaper app. It depends on how the dev coded the app, whether it restarts again after you kill it or not basically.

Espike likes this.
  8. Espike

Espike Well-Known Member

Nice job guys! Color me convinced. Roze, that article was especially helpful since it broke it down Barney style for me. Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to pass it on where I can.

9. Deathwish238

Deathwish238 Well-Known Member

And in FroYo, task killers don't really do much at all.