• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Task Killer and Live Wallpaper

jdalin

Lurker
Jul 1, 2010
On my Nexus One, certain live wallpapers that I've downloaded will work right up until the first time I use my task killer, at which point all tasks plus the live wallpaper are killed and I'm back to the default wallpaper. Oddly, other downloaded wallpapers do not have this problem.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for it?

Thanks.

Jim

Why do you guys say they're unneccesary? If theres a better way to accomplish what it does, I'd like to dump mine too.

What do you think they're accomplishing, exactly?

Try this:

1. Uninstall it.
2. Use your phone as normal all day.

If you see massive performance problems/difference, something is wrong with your phone.

Then go to Settings | About Phone | Battery Use -- I bet nothing that you were ever killing constantly with your task manager even shows up on that list.

Reactions: Espike
Upvote 0
Why do you guys say they're unneccesary? If theres a better way to accomplish what it does, I'd like to dump mine too.

Do a quick search of Google or AF and you'll find a lot of articles/threads stating why you don't need one.

Why you don’t need a task killer app with Android. : AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android.

Only reason you might is that if you have a very BAD app that is not codded properly. Then you would want to kill it. But then if the app is rogue, you'd want to uninstall it and find a better substitute. For this reason, the Froyo Application management setting is pretty good.

OP: Live wallpaper is always running in the back ground, if you kill it, you basically end the wallpaper app. It depends on how the dev coded the app, whether it restarts again after you kill it or not basically.

Reactions: Espike
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones