task killer& facebook comments

Last Updated:

1. Tray562

Tray562 Member This Topic's Starter

two things i want to talk about im coming form a cliq xt which was cool phone but i got tired of being on 1.5 and moto for delaying the updates. So i bought the vibrant yesterday my two question is is there away for me to see if someone commented on my post on facebook with out having to scroll all the way down to find my post in the feeds and updates. Second i been hearing that task killers messes up your phone is that true or not?

Advertisement
  2. rocketragz

rocketragz Well-Known Member

Set fb email notifications through fb settings.

Arguable if task killer is going to mess your phone up, but they aren't needed with android. Operating system doesn't work the same way as windows

3. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

I dont know if task killers are needed or not. I installed one recently anyway, but it hasn't messed anything up, so I couldn't say don't install it. It seems useless, you kill aps, and 20 mins later without ever opening anything, the same aps are back up for you to kill again. So who knows if it really works.

4. rocketragz

rocketragz Well-Known Member

fwiw i deleted my task killer last week and my phone runs excellent

Not too mention there is a running processes/task manager built in.

5. Tray562

Tray562 Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the info on the task killer but now i have two more questions where is the built in task manager for our phone and thats the only way i can get facebook comments on my phone not through the feeds and updates?

6. dan0zone

dan0zone Well-Known Member

its part of the dalvik system namely * GC or Garbage Collector* There's an app that allows ROOTED users to fine tune this built in * task manager* .. its,called Autokiller , the dev's web site has all the info you will need to learn about Android and memory management ...