Task Killer issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. viny2cool

viny2cool Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi fellow Captivate users,

I have wierd problem and not sure what to do with it. I read about task killers at many websites and forums. Some says its ok, some says its creates problems with performance. I mainly want to use it to save my battery.

Now I have task killer Lite by Tobyyaa. It works great, but again I had doubts abt it affecting the performance of my phone. So I did a comparison between task killer and the running services in settings.

In tast Killer, it shows 11 application running , including systems apps such as log provider, my uploads, and com.sec.andriod.providers.download, which starts itself. Application setting>>running application just show like 5 and doesnt show those system apps, so I cant force stop them.

My main question here is, are these systems apps such as log provider, my uploads, and com.sec.andriod.providers.download, which starts itself, affects battery life and performance of phone at all?

Another question is, if I leave Apps like facebook, tweetdeck open in back ground, how much will it affect my battery usage.

I got this phone like 2 weeks ago and now my battery runs for more than 18 hrs...with like couple of hrs of calls, music on for most of the times, surfing for couple of hrs on Wifi.

Advertisement
  2. rubiconjp

rubiconjp Well-Known Member

why don't you get Advanced Task Killer by ReChild instead? It's more popular for sure.

Tweetdeck is a good app, but does use a bit of juice if left running with frequent autoupdate.

Since running ATK and killing apps after exiting, my battery life has improved a little.

3. viny2cool

Thanks for replying.

I used it for couple of days, but I noticed it made my phone lag a bit and it doesnt closes down system apps like the lite version of my current one do.

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

viny2cool likes this.
  5. viny2cool

Hey, thanks so much for that link. Now my concept is very clear about Task Killer and I just uninstalled mine :).

But still one question, if you don't mind.

After reading the two articles and comments, I thought to test something. The article says that Android is designed to shut of apps, which are not required. I opened camera and then clicked back. The running apps in settings showed its not running, but in System Panel (as suggested by the author of one of the article) it shows Camera is still open but inactive.

When you see battery usage, there is also percentage for Cell in idle condition. So do these inactive but open apps consume bettery?