Task killer Question.

Last Updated:

1. IINaDII

IINaDII Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have used both advanced and the regular task killer. when i "Kill all" tasks, i lose service for a moment and when its restored, my edge nor 3g comes back on, anyone know what program i am killing that would make that happen so i can add it to the ignore list?.. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Task killers are bad not useful at all IMHO because they cause more issues than they solve... and if your using the moto cliq half of the default apks have been renamed so you'd have to get the logcollector app from the market and see in your logs where the error and kill is causing problems...

3. gentlefury

gentlefury Well-Known Member

I agree

It's good to have to kill an app that is misbehaving (basically a shortcut) but when you kill all it does seem to cause more problems then it solves.

4. IINaDII

ahh i gotcha, thanks for the advice.

so you dont think i would experince much lag if i removed the Task killer, the only reason i had it was to free up space when needed.

5. Maverick182

Maverick182 New Member

I had the same problem, its the voicemail app with the yellow icon. I just ended the tasks one by one to find it. Then I added it to the ignore list in my task killer and the problem was solved.

6. gentlefury

gentlefury Well-Known Member

I seemed to get more lag with task killer. Now that I stopped using it and just let it do things the way it was intended it runs great.

Car Cradle mode seriously slowed down my phone tho, but I yanked the magnet out of the cradle like a rotten tooth and all is well in that dept now too!

7. IINaDII

Thanks again

8. Kray1

Kray1 Member

i went back to using TasKiller by Thibaut Nicolas because of that same reason