Task Killer????Support

Last Updated:

1. lakai113

lakai113 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

in 2.1 i could choose to close all apps and it would reset my browser back to my home page.. now with 2.2 it wont do that and it keeps all the windows open and i have to close them manually... do you guys know away around this?? a way to set it so my task killer will close them..

Advertisement
  2. brandonmg99

brandonmg99 Well-Known Member

dont use one. its worthless and a battery drain.

3. lakai113

lakai113 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

really?? is the the honest truth?? the battery always last me a whole day but does having one make my phone faster?? everytime i hit the "kill apps" it closes about 12 apps.. either way i dont want my browser to same all the pages i been looking at until i close them manually.. the taskkiller is like a one stop button to take them all away

4. queenrocks77

queenrocks77 Well-Known Member

The verizon dude installed an app killer on my dx yesterday when he activated my phone. He said that he always installs atk on everyone's phone. I was like NOOOOO The Android Forum says not to!!! So I got home and goofed around with it and it seemed that the apps and crap that I would "kill" with it would start running around willy nilly as soon I took my eye off of them. I found it to be useless and suck up my battery pretty quick. I just felt like I was babysitting the task killer all day. So I uninstalled it and I'm learning how to save my battery by trial and error (turn off this delete that), especially with market place apps that are nothing more than eye candy. Reading the tips and tricks and troubleshooting areas on this forum are a great help!

5. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

For an immediate effect, a task killer may seem to speed things up but its not because its freeing up memory. if you phone is lagging, its likely due to an app not coded properly or just not coded effeciently. killing all task will also kill the problem app and appear to speed things up. but its like breaking your finger and cutting off your arm to fix it. Also killing apps that the system keeps open will in the long run, make your phone run slower. The way andoid works is that it keeps recently used apps in a ready state. It keeps that app there in case you need to return to it quickly so that it opens faster. if it stays in that ready state and is not returned to it loses priority and when another application comes along and needs the memory used by the dormant program in a ready state, it kills that app itself and allocates it to where its needed.

6. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

its an absolute travesty that verizon trains their reps to suggest task killers. I've actually seem internal documents to that effect.

7. queenrocks77

queenrocks77 Well-Known Member

He was REAL pushy about it! I just let him do and figured I would give it try! Even as I was saying no no no he was installing the damn thing :mad: