task killersSupport

Last Updated:

1. Hogfish

Hogfish New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for yet another task killer thread, but I can't find an answer to this one. I understand from several of you that task killers are not needed because of the way the Android system operates. I have tried and tried all of the suggestions given on how to manage apps manually, but my Inc is just plain faster when I close all running apps.

My question is this, is running a task killer harmful in any way?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jbh00jh

jbh00jh Well-Known Member

On 2.2 after you run the task killer the apps just open up again . You can't keep them closed . People have tried and given up , read the other forums. :)

3. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

If you are getting better performance while using a task killer, then you have a bad app. Android should manage the app on it's own, sort of killing it in it's own much cleaner and efficient way. If you have an app that is not shutting down on it's own, going to sleep, or using a crazy amount of resources...you really should find a replacement. At the very least, uninstall it and reinstall.

There is potential ( though unlikely ) for some harm to be done. Task killers kill a process without any chance for the process to shut down properly. If the process was in the middle of doing something, this could cause issues.

4. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

Task killer is like a gun, they aren't harmful it's the people that use them ;)

If you know what you are doing and what you want a task killer can be great otherwise it can be a wee bit harmful. Although now that the phone is running 2.2 they are completely useless

5. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Task killers are useless. Do some research for yourself.

6. Hogfish

Hogfish New Member This Topic's Starter

If you read my post you will see that I did indeed do lots of research, but did not find an answer to my question, which was not their usefulness but rather if they could do any harm to the phone.

Thanks for the insight though.

7. mmolitor87

mmolitor87 Well-Known Member

Going to quote myself from another thread.

Hogfish likes this.