Task List Widget

Last Updated:

1. absolutpolack

absolutpolack Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know of a task list widget that would take up a good portion of a homescreen and list tasks so you don't have to necessarily click to see what needs to get done. I feel that for me something like this would be a better reminder. TIA

Advertisement
  2. jerknextdoor

jerknextdoor Member

i'm with you. i use todo.sh-cli on my laptop for my todo list and am tired of having to read my todo list in an email because its the easiest way to see it. i just want to display the list in .txt on one of my homescreen panels.

3. gtjackets13

gtjackets13 New Member

Big props to the Sticky memo Widget Lite. Its on the marketplace for $free.99. when you add the widget, you can add any sized note that you want. Or if that gets to be a bit messy, just go through the icon in the drawer and select which sizes you would like to see available.

I use mine for a to-do list, grocery list, and all that good stuff. Definitely worth a look!

4. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

i just installed "android agenda widget". looks great but the timezones(shows the wrong date on some) on timed events are a bit off but the developer appears to be working on that....of course you would have to put your tasks on your calendar but that's no biggie for me.

5. brandini

brandini Well-Known Member

Remember the Milk has an android app that syncs with their service (but it's part of their pro service).

6. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

wow...i emailed the developer 5 minutes ago and he has already sent me a fix for the time zone issue...works perfectly now!

7. n2imagination

n2imagination Well-Known Member

I use gtasks beta (in the market). Syncs itself to my google tasks so its nice for my todo stuff. Works great but would like to be able to skin it. Looks like yellow post-it now.

8. ninjoblio

ninjoblio Member

I've been using Astrid. (free on marketplace) I believe some folks from Google were involved in its development.

It works well enough and has a 2x2 widget. You get set priority, reminders, alarms, etc.

9. clintiepoo

clintiepoo Well-Known Member

I second Astrid. It syncs with remember the milk, and it's free, does notifications, all kinds of stuff.

In my opinion, remember the milk is a lot better than google tasks. I've used them both.

10. tdavis42

tdavis42 Guest

Astrid is one of the better one and has been around sense the beginning. Oh and its free.

11. dys07

dys07 Active Member

L O L

reading comprehension fail...

12. Koxx

Koxx Well-Known Member

Astrid + Pure calendar (allow Remember the milk sync).

And soon : gTasks + Pure calendar (allow google tasks sync)

13. pinesal

pinesal Well-Known Member

Yellow. Astrid. I agree.

14. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

I also use Astrid for tasks. Best task app out there imo. I don't use RTM though. I just wish Astrid would sync with a cloud somewhere so I could also edit/view tasks on the computer.

Anyway, pure calendar widget is a widget that will put your calendar on your home screen. It has a variety of size options. Astrid will let you put a task on your calendar, which would then show on the messenger widget.

Also, the pure calendar widget has integration with astrid, which I'm guessing would add Astrid tasks to the home screen widget without the need to add to the calendar first, but I'm not sure as I haven't used that feature.

15. jfe

jfe Well-Known Member

Astrid is all that I use

Wish it had a different sizes for widgets though

16. CFD323

CFD323 Well-Known Member

How do I set a task to be recurring? In other words...the task has a due date of May 1 at 10am. I would like a reminder/alarm to go off everyday at 10am until May 1. I must be dumb here but I can't figure out what settings I have to set in order to do what I want.

17. chris.bailey

chris.bailey New Member

Although it is mine, but what about 'ToDo List Widget'?

18. mrkitchell

mrkitchell New Member

Anyone know of a widget that you can either check or confirm that is complete from the widget, without having to open it up?

19. john30308

john30308 Well-Known Member

Springpad. So many of todo's and notes are really bookmarks. The android Springpad app is great.

20. Samuraipanda

Samuraipanda Member

Thanks for the Astrid recommendation.

21. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member

I did a bunch of research and installed several other task/to do apps, and uninstalled all of them. I tried Astrid today, and it syncs with Gmail and Google Calendar, and I use it in conjunction with Producteev online. It's awesome and has lots of customization. Very useful. Although now, I don't have the excuse of, "sorry, honey, I just forgot" now...

22. hdblue

hdblue New Member

HI,

Really. I want share some my ideals from your points of view.

Apart from that, you also can ref more resources at: Tasks list

Tks and I'll return back.