Task Manager exclude list

Last Updated:

1. JaZz0r

JaZz0r Member This Topic's Starter

No matter what task manager you're using, I'm curious as to what programs are in your exclude lists. I've added programs that I noticed continuously popping up (I guess the phone wants them?) as well as some of the widgets I have running. Here's my list:

• The Weather Channel (widget)
    • Google Talk Storage (no idea what its for, but it keeps coming back after I kill it)
    • Gmail
    • Alarm Clock
    • Corporate Calendar (don't use it, but it keeps coming back when I kill it)
    • Calendar
    • Locale
    • Settings
    • Messaging
    • FoxyRing

For the record, I'm using Advanced Task Manager Free.

Advertisement
  2. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

I only keep open what I want open, everything else is gonna pop up regardless.

3. Robobandit

Robobandit Well-Known Member

I've now learned that it is better not to kill tasks.. Android will handle its own memory management. Unless you've got a task in particular that you think is eating up a ton of memory, it would be better not to kill running processes.

Many of them are services that your phone relies on to be able to provide you with functionality like visual voicemail and google voice integration, calendar notifications and sync, etc.

4. JaZz0r

JaZz0r Member This Topic's Starter

Its not about memory, its about battery. I'm of the understanding that any program that is running is using CPU, which in turn is sucking up battery.