Task Manager for FroyoTips

Last Updated:

1. thelastdraco

thelastdraco Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so many good things came out of froyo... except for the addition of more bloatware and random applications that cannot be uninstalled. On top of this, these applications seem to run themselves! Even after going on a killing spree with task managers such as ATK, they just pop right back up after a couple minutes. Aside from these bloatware apps, task managers lost the ability to effectively kill apps like they used to in 2.1. But some good news is that there is a much better task manager out there other then those available in the marketplace.

Introducing......
    Manage Applications by Android!
    seriously though, this android system app manager on 2.2 is actually good and effective and probably more efficient battery wise.

It can be manually accessed by tapping menu>settings>applications>manage applications

Self Explanatory but should still be noted:
    To view the full list of running apps tap the "Running" tab.
    To kill a specific app, tap the name of the app, then tap 'force close' to kill the app.
    Press back to return to the previous screen.

How to add a shortcut to the home screen:
    1) long press home screen
    2) tap shortcut
    3) tap settings
    4) tap manage applications
    5) uninstall old task managers/killer

Advertisement
  2. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

I suggest you read up on what states a process/application can have, including idle. Also read up on linux memory management in the kernel and how it is used in Android (you really never should have to manually stop a process). That menu is for misbehaving apps and development purposes, not for the lay user to go stopping processes willy nilly.

Oh, and this is not my opinion. This is how Android works. Android developers (as in those who developed the OS, not for the OS) say the same.

-Nkk

3. thelastdraco

thelastdraco Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

actually i am fully aware of this menu and its features. when i posted this i was mainly concerned with all the bloatware apps that were installed on 2.2 which hogged up all the memory and wouldn't go away. normal task managers were not able to stop these annoying processes that manage applications is capable of.

4. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

yes, and neither is manage applications. they STILL come back, just like they did with a task killer.