1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Task manager

Last Updated:

1. SuperMiguel

SuperMiguel Active Member This Topic's Starter

Im looking a a task manager, im using task killer but every time i terminate everything i get an error, is there a program out there that autokill programs? like if not used for 2 minutes it terminates that program?

Advertisement
  2. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

lol...you cant terminate everything because the phone needs things to work. You need to select things you need and put in your ignore list.

3. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Why do you want to terminate all your apps anyway? You a slowing your phone down doing that because they then have to be loading back into RAM again.

There's only 2 reasons you'd want to use a task killer, one is after a re-boot to kill all the apps that like to run at startup and two is if an app is making your phone laggy in which case it's a poorly written app and best not to use anyway. The only app I kill is the stock Browser because it makes my phone lag and has no quit button.

So apart from the few apps that like to start-up with the phone (that you don't use all the time) and the stock browser, put everything else in your ignore list.

4. SuperMiguel

how much free memory do u gous usually have on the phone? mine is allways around 100...

5. bluenova

Mine about 30-40 mb free, but it's irrelevant and a small amount of free memory has no effect on the speed of the phone. Android manages your memory for you so if you are using a memory intensive app it will free up some memory for it.

6. SuperMiguel

umm cool, then i guess there is no need to be killing all my aps :)

7. bluenova

Nope :D as I said though the stock browser can be a pain and cause lag and has no quit button so I would keep it just for that.