Task Panel X - Advanced Task Manager - Causing errors

Last Updated:

1. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

MAJOR ISSUE:

I've been using Task Panel X and Advanced Task manager to kill unneeded tasks and keep memory at a maximum.

Recently, every time I open Task Panel X and then revert back to Home screen I get the HTC logo and then a loading screen while the device sets itself. This happens even if I kill NO tasks.

So my solution was to uninstall Task Panel X and then use just Advanced Task Manager. All the sudden, same result.

So someone please help me figure out what the issue is. Everytime I open either of these apps and then go back to home screen I get a BLACK SCREEN WITH HTC LOGO, THEN A BRIEF (10 SECONDS) LOADING SCREEN. THEN ALL IS NORMAL.

Please, anyone, ideas!!!?????

Advertisement
  2. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

i KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR SAYING. IT HAPPENED TO ME. IF YOUR GOING TO USE A APP MANAGER. JUST USE THE "ADVANCED TASK KILLER" DOWNLOAD THE FREE ONE! I SUGGEST NOT TO USE ANY AT THIS POINT. ITS NOT WORTH MESSING UP YOUR PHONE. AFTER YOU UNINSTALL, DO A HARD RESET. YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE PROBLEM AGAIN. THE PHONE WILL RUN FASTER WITH ATK BUT IM NOT PUTTING IT BACK ON THE PHONE. I WILL WAIT FOR AN UPDATE IF ANY. BUT THE FREE ATK WILL NOT GIVE YOU THAT BLACK SCREEN WITH THE HTC LOGO. LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Sounds like SenseUI (TouchFLO) is restarting. Uninstall both apps, reboot the handset and see if the problem goes away.

4. CMank

CMank Active Member

It does sounds like the SenseUI is restarting. I've seen this because I use Task Panel X and I accidentally shut it down at one point. It was not a pretty sight. Reboot fixed the issue with the SenseUI for me.

5. CMank

CMank Active Member

Task Panel X started doing the same thing to my phone as well. After backing out of the app, the screen would go black and then I would see the HTC logo (as if the SenseUI were restarting). And I am 100% sure I did not kill the SenseUI task. Removed Task Panel X and went with Advance Task Killer Free. Seems pretty stable now.

6. dawnstacie

dawnstacie Well-Known Member

I have the same problem! I restarted and it didn't help!!! HELP!!

7. CMank

CMank Active Member

I definitely had a problem with Task Panel X when I selected the option to "Register as an on-going task." I have it set as a "Start-up Task" only and I'm not having any issues now.

Also, make certain you are ignoring all the HTC core apps, e.g. SenseUI.

C

8. ciden

ciden Member

Guys - u have to go through the process of setting-up the app. It will show the HTC logo, because you kill 'HTC Sense' everytime you kill all the background apps.

Go to Improving Battery Life on Your Android Device Droidtalk for a quick and easy way of running the app.

Hope this helps!