• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Task reminders not working

Last week I created a task in my Galaxy SII using the default task app. I set the due date for yesterday, with a reminder to go off at 9am on that due date. Everything looked fine, but the reminder didn't happen. No sounds. No icons at the top of the screen. No new event. Nothing.

This happens every single time I have tried!

When I turn the phone off, and back on, the reminder then pops up. But, of course, by then I've missed my deadline!

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using Android version 2.3.5

Thanks!

John

hey i have this exact same problem!!! have been googling to try fix it for ages. ended up sending my phone back 3 time to warrenty guys untill finally they "managed to replicate the fault" and couldnt fix it and deemed the phone unfixable. i find if i set a reminder for 10mins time it goes off but later that day or the next day or later they hardly ever work. if you lucky one will go off.

i just got another s2 as replacement and the first thing i did was test the calandar and it does exactly the same thing!!!!!!!

have you or anyone else found a fix for this? as i rely very heavily on the calandar reminders to go off!

my new phone is back off the the warrenty guys. i need a new phone but am very wary or getting another s2.

cheers mark

Upvote 0
Live chat at samsung solved this for me! Very happy.

Contacted Samsung live chat – Samsung.com
Go to Settings. Applications, Manage Applications, All, Task
Select – then Force Stop then ok
Set new reminder to test
Yes – it works and previously unalerted reminders are also there.
‘Fantastic

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones