1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Tasker and lock screen

Last Updated:

1. bobdrad

bobdrad Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone tried to detect hardware events (e.g. camera button press) in Tasker while the lock pattern screen is active? The lock screen seems to prevent events from reaching Tasker.

One of the things that has always bothered me about Android is that "Silent Mode" doesn't affect Alarm or Media volume. I don't want any alarms going off in a movie or church setting. I was hoping I could use Tasker to detect the Camera Button press while the lock screen was on to turn Silent Mode on and also remember the volume setting before forcing those additional volumes to 0. Then pressing it again could restore volume settings. I'm able to create the Task and it's working but I can't tie it to the hardware button while the lock screen is active.

Anybody?

Advertisement
  2. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

None of the hardware buttons will respond with keyguard on. I did a quick test with the Orientation context, but that doesn't seem to have any effect when the device is asleep either.

I think the best solution is to visit the Tasker discussions at Google Groups and as the developer to make the %SILENT variable dynamic, which would allow you to setup a profile that would be triggered by the status of silent mode.