Tasker and PIN lock

Last Updated:

1. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I have my phone set up to require a PIN after the screen locks. I don't need it to do this when I am at home though so I would like to use Tasker to disable this when I am at home connected to my wifi.

I can create a profile tbat detects the required state but I cannot disable the PIN lock. I used the Keyguard Off action but it doesn't seem to work. My phone activates the profile but I still have to enter the PIN.

Has anyone else managed to do this on an S4? Is Keyguard Off not the correct action?

2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

There's a dedicated Tasker forum here Tasker - Android Forums where people are more likely to give you much more relevant advice, i've reported your post just to try to get it moved over for ya. :)
    lotus49 likes this.
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Thread moved to the Tasker forum. Good luck!
    lotus49 and XplosiV like this.
  4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

5. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Although that wasn't exactly what I was after, it did give me the information I needed to create a profile that did what I needed so thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it.

For some reason using Keyguard doesn't seem to work but using the Secure Settings plugin and PIN disable/enable did the trick.
  6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

NP. I saw your thread in the S4 section and said "Hey, I like that idea!"

Just a matter of finding the information that worked. :)
  7. shauny13

shauny13 Well-Known Member

Having messed about with this for ages (one x), i noticed that keyguard disable isn't in the administrative rights section of secure settings, whereas pin/password disable is, which is why it works.