1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Tasker App Wifi Toggle Question

Last Updated:

1. sooner2k1

sooner2k1 Member This Topic's Starter

Does anybody know what setting in tasker will toggle Wifi on/off? I see some advanced settings, but i'd just like to set my Wifi to turn on when I near my house, and off when i'm away from my house.

This will keep me from getting annoying available network popups at work (where they are all secured).

If anybody has done this exact setup, help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. FoxtrotUniform

FoxtrotUniform Well-Known Member

When adding a context, it's under Net>Wifi. For the profile you'll want to use Location (I set mine only to Wifi, not GPS for battery saving. Reason being, when Location is used it will ping GPS/network every 120 seconds by default to see where it's at).

sooner2k1 likes this.
  3. sooner2k1

sooner2k1 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the response! I finally found the setting. My Wi-Fi only setting seems to locate me about a mile away from my house, but still includes my house in the "range". Have you found that your profile still picks up on your actual house when you come and go using Wi-Fi only?

4. FoxtrotUniform

FoxtrotUniform Well-Known Member

Sorry bout the late response. Not at all actually. I'm still playing around with it and trying to get different fixes on it. One day it successfully detected me leaving my location but didn't when I returned. Needs more testing :)