Tasker Battery Usage?

Last Updated:

1. Maniaryan

Maniaryan Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Forum

Recently i've discovered Tasker and am convinced that it is possibly the greatest app out there now haha

I installed it last night, set up a couple profiles in about a half an hour. I unplugged it this morning after fully charging it and went downstairs leaving my phone upstairs with tasker on. It's not down to 80% in about an hour.

I'm on pete's bugless froyo

any idea how much battery an tasker uses if it's on and no profiles are active?

thanks guys!

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

download Spare Parts and look at the Battery History

I see Tasker under Partial Wake Usage and CPU Usage - and both are negligible at best.

And I do not even see it listed under Settings > About > Battery Use

So, I do not see a reason for any drain BUT it depends on what tasks you designed.

3. Maniaryan

Maniaryan Active Member This Topic's Starter

you are very right, pete put spare parts in his recent release so i checked and it's not making a dent.

thank you!

i can't get enough of this app

4. athflying

athflying Well-Known Member

I haven't had much of a problem with battery life, but for some reason today, it seems like Tasker keeps getting killed and then restarted which is eating up CPU time and causing my profiles to not run correctly. It worked great for the first 2 days I had it. Going to try and back track and see if I can narrow it down to a change I made and possibly install/re-install.

5. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

1. are you sure you have it set to "run in foreground" - of you do not, the system will kill it if needed. they don't make that clear, but the DEV told me. if you uncheck that pref, the annoying menu icon goes away BUT it means your letting the system kill it if needed. if you leave it checked, the uneeded icon comes back but then it takes priority and the system cannot kill it.

2. add it to your ignore list if you use a task killer like me

6. athflying

athflying Well-Known Member

I did have it set to run in foreground, but I have been playing with it constantly for about 3 days straight and had set up and deleted so many profiles, I just think something got screwed up along the way. Uninstalled and re installed and everything is right in the world again.

7. marden

marden Well-Known Member

how do you sort on batteryusage in spare parts? the closest I get to battery usage is cpu usage, but dont know if it uses cpu at full power when using it?