1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Tasker Greeting with no repetition

1. kbodrum

kbodrum Member

Hi guys and girls.

I have Tasker integrated quite well with my car's Bluetooth. I have a greeting play through the speakers when the BT is paired.

My issue is that if I remove my phone from the dock or turn the car off (stop at the shops on the way out), when I return, it will play the greeting again.
    I would like it to go through the process again, except for task 3,4 and 5. It's nice to hear it once in a journey, but not several times.

Question ---> Is there a way to set Tasker to not play the greeting if it has already been played in, say, the last 30 mins????

The profile is as follows:
    When CarBT (In-car kit) is connected, perform these tasks:
    1 BT Voice Volume = 15
    2 Media Volume = 15
    3 Play Ringtone = *short notification*
    4 Wait 3 seconds
    5 Say "Hi, happy driving, yada yada"
    6 Kill app = SMS Popup

I will add that the play ringtone and wait is to trigger the Bluetooth kit to transfer the audio to the car, as there is a slight delay. Otherwise I would lose half the greeting (I still lose the end of it sometimes)

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: HTC One XL running Jellybean

Advertisement
    :
  2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

How about this :

Create a new profile "greet"
    Profile : state : tasker : profile active "in car kit"
    Task : play ringtone
    Task : wait 3 seconds
    Task : say "your greeting"

Properties : cool down time 15 min

And edit your "in car kit" profile to delete the greeting from there?

To elaborate:

You'd want to add steps 3,4,5 from your existing prickle I think. But what your doing is this.

Original profile runs and sets your BT settings etc.

The greet profile looks to activate only when the original profile does (that's the trigger to start) except that the greeting profile had a cool down (long press on the profile for properties) so that it will only activate after the cool down time had expired.
    userloser likes this.
  3. kbodrum

kbodrum Member

Hey XplosiV,
    Thanks for the reply.

I've been fiddling around with a few things, and your suggestion seems like it will work.

But I can't seem to find properties. A long press on the profile only comes up with the options delete,export and rename.

Is this a task property? Like an 'if' variable?

Thanks again

Edit: sorry, I found it. Still had beginner mode on.. Noooooob!
    Now to test it in the car
  4. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Hey ya

Make sure your on the profile tab (left tab at the top) and find your profile on the list. Long press on it there (not the task on the task tab) and you should get the properties option to tap on to set the cool down ;)