• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker Help: Profile that can silence and reject calls at one time

I am a teacher so my phone needs to be silent during classes. I already have a Tasker profile that silences the phone from 10am-11am (for example). Can I also add something that sends calls directly to voicemail at the same times WITHOUT creating separate profiles?

In other words, have one time condition that does it all?

I teach 3 or 4 classes and I'm trying to avoid creating two separate profiles for each class.

Thanks for your help!

you need another profile to set the context of 'incoming call'

i recently showed someone else how to do pretty much the same thing, i'll look for the thread

edit: yep here you go http://androidforums.com/android-applications/251018-tasker-question.html

edit2: the fastest way to do it in your case would be to create a new profile with the context 'incoming call' and the task 'end call', then go into the silence profile you already have and add the task 'profile status' set to on

Upvote 0
Also, it sounds like you are still going to be making a different profile for each class. Once you have the first profile set up you can long press on the time condition and add another one for each class to that same profile. That way you would have a single profile that takes care of all your classes.

Upvote 0
You can't have multiple time contexts in a single profile, but you don't necessarily need multiple profiles either. For a varied schedule, what I would recommend is using a Calendar Entry context for your Tasker profile, and silence your phone during calendar entries that meet certain conditions (like Description *in class*). This way, you can make whatever changes you want to your calendar, and Tasker will follow along.

For ignoring the calls, you would need a second profile, using the same Calendar Entry context, PLUS an Incoming Call or Phone Ringing context, then use the End Call action for the task. You need a second profile here because the context(s) aren't exactly the same as the first profile, and you want to perform a different set of actions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones