Tasker Keyguard

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by noahgia, Feb 3, 2013.

1. noahgia

noahgia New Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Hey guys I'm trying to disable the key guard on my nexus 4 when I am connected to my home WiFi network.
    It is working fine using this tasker profile:

1 ---> when WiFi connected to my home network the keyguard is disabled by secure settings
    for an exit task I have the keyguard to become enabled using secure settings.

This works perfectly until I click a notification, at that point it prompts me to enter my password and will then continue to do so until I reboot my phone or turn the WiFi off and then back on again.

After this it will work again unless a notification is clicked.
    It is quite annoying to do this and I was wondering if anyone knew a better way to do this.

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement

2. userloser

userloser Active Member

Jan 15, 2013
    what you describe generally works here (at least with pattern lock), so it is probably something peculiar to your setup. after you click a notification, do you get a flash from SS about enabling lock or something?

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    I've heard of people having this issue when they were not using SS with root. Keyguard can be a bit dodgy without root as its a system level implementation

4. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You
    VIP Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Male
    UK
    Can't you just add a task that on notification click > WiFi turns off, then back on?

SUroot likes this.
  5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Good work around. That would work

6. shauny13

shauny13 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Male
    Beautiful Dorset
    FINALLY!!, after messing with this for ages, it was always a bit flaky on the HOX with the notification thing, but this simple solution has worked for me it seems. Thankyou. :):):)