1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

tasker nap widget

Last Updated:

1. Zanzispot

Zanzispot New Member This Topic's Starter

i have imported profiles and tasks, and written some simple ones. but what i am trying to do now is create a widget, then when pressed, would silence all audio, send away messages that i am taking a nap for two hours, start a two hour timer with an alarm sound and snooze at the outset. after timer is done, audio settings revert to on, away message stops being initiated.

Advertisement
  2. amlothi

amlothi Well-Known Member

And you want us to write the whole thing for you? There are help guides, wikis, a Tasker forum, and multiple Tasker threads. You should be able to at least start on your own.

I'm not going to write a whole thing for you. I don't have the time. Perhaps you'll get lucky and someone else will do that.

My suggestion is that you give it a shot, post your script, and ask specific questions about something that isn't working.

3. Zanzispot

Zanzispot New Member This Topic's Starter

would not expect for someone to use their time to do that. i have been scouring to read everything i can possibly read on tasker.

should have been more specific. i can not find anyway to invoke the native timer on android. wondered if there is a way to hook into that, or if i should look for an after market timer app to use?

4. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

The wait action in Tasker doesn't quite work like a timer because it isn't monitored when the device is asleep, and can be delayed by other tasks that start running during the wait.

I think your best bet is to use two widgets - one to set a variable that is used as a context for the profile that does what you want, and a timer widget that will clear the variable after a set time.

5. amlothi

amlothi Well-Known Member

Couldn't you clear the variable using the context of an Alarm Event?

He can manually set the alarm, click the widget to change a variable value.

Variable value change activates "I'm napping" profile.

Alarm event changes variable value back. "I'm napping" profile exits.

6. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

I forgot about the alarm to wake up when the two hours has expired. Setting the alarm, and then using the alarm to clear the variable is a good idea.