• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker Noobie questions

MsL

Aug 10, 2010
I know there are 100's million tasker questions but I'm at work and can't shift through all of them.

I am really thinking about getting tasker but I wanted to know if what I need it for I can do before I download it.

If I can do the following task with it please just direct me to the post or link with directions.

1. At night turn on my Bedside App

2. When at the gym, phone to airplane mode but music playing when headset are plugged in.

3. When bluetooth is active, the app BTMono turns on ( BTMono is an application which enables music and Vlingo to play though my mono bluetooth.

4. When blue tooth is active to read calls and SMS' to me.

5. When blue tooth is active to send return SMS to sender saying "I'm driving, will call when I can. If I can get tasker to do this I can delete Vlingo.

My main reason for looking into tasker is that when I'm driving and BTMono is on, playing music, if I get a phone call once I hung up BTMono turns off and I have to turn if back on, can tasker be used to keep BTMono on after a phone call.

Thank you for your assistance.

1. Context: Time: From when you want app to launch to when you want it to close
Action: Load App: Bedside app
Exit Task: Kill app: Bedside app

2. Context: State: Headset plugged
Context: Application: Music app
Action: Airplane mode: on
Exit Task: Airplane mode: off

3. Context: State: Bluetoopth Connected
Action: Load app: BTMono

4. I will find the thread where I have tired to make this and post a link.

5. Give me a while and I'll see if I can figure this out as well.

Yes, you should be able to turn on BTmono after a call try
Context: state: Bluetooth Connected
Context: event: Phone Idle
Action: Load App: BTMono

Upvote 0
Thank you so much.

For number 4 - I remember seeing a post that said how it was done but I can't find it. Will continue to look for it.

1. Context: Time: From when you want app to launch to when you want it to close
Action: Load App: Bedside app
Exit Task: Kill app: Bedside app

2. Context: State: Headset plugged
Context: Application: Music app
Action: Airplane mode: on
Exit Task: Airplane mode: off

3. Context: State: Bluetoopth Connected
Action: Load app: BTMono

4. I will find the thread where I have tired to make this and post a link.

5. Give me a while and I'll see if I can figure this out as well.

Yes, you should be able to turn on BTmono after a call try
Context: state: Bluetooth Connected
Context: event: Phone Idle
Action: Load App: BTMono

Upvote 0
I got three of the above working. I have one more question.

Is it possible to turn an app on. For example, above when I have tasker open BTMono when conntected to Bluetooth, it opens the app but there is an on/off button that needs to be push to activate, is there something I can do to get it to activate the app.

After this I will be able to read read read and investigate this program, however the above is very important to me right now.

Upvote 0
I'm back.

I have been reading and reading and reading and so far I am loving this app.

I do have a couple of more questions, how do I get my phone to check for email every 30 minutes. Do I use toggle or on/off.

Also, when slacker is on I want the lock screen not to come on. Is that possible.

Thanks for your assitance back to reading I go :)

Upvote 0
You should be able to configure the email to check every 30 mins with the email app itself no need for tasker.

You could set it to have your display not time out. Without the use of another app I do not recall a setting to turn off the lockscreen but I will do some more digging when I am not working.

Upvote 0
thanks for answering. I didn't even think about the email application, but playing around ( the boss left for the day) I tried context: time task: Autosync on; wait 5 minutes turn off. I'm going to see if that works out the way I want.

So far I have sent up my work, car, gym, bedtime task. Still playing around with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones