1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Tasker playing nice with Samsung Galaxy 3?

1. gkf9

gkf9 Well-Known Member

Is tasker working OK with the galaxy Samsung 3 for anyone else?
    I've set up cell near for location but never seems to work half the time, I've tired my Wi-Fi near as well, sometimes works sometimes doesn't ,I've tired all the different locations as my context buy nothing seems to work well at all.

I've ended up using juice defender again for turning Wi-Fi on and off.

Advertisement
    :
  2. digit27

digit27 Active Member

I had problems with 'cell near' until I let the scan run long enough to pick up 4 towers. My phone will switch between these 4 towers even wen in one location. Its not very accurate but it is consistent... profile will activate when I'm around 1/2 a mile from the location every time, and disable when 1/2 mile away every time. Make sure your letting it scan long enough, and move around the location while scanning.
  3. gkf9

gkf9 Well-Known Member

ok thanks for the reply, I've moved around quite abit but it seems to pick up one tower, somtimes tho,my signal drops to one bar then goes back to 4 bars so it's a bit unstable. would this make a big difference?

I'll try leave it a bit longer to scan I get more joy
  4. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

The best way I've found of grabbing the appropriate list of cells for a profile dependent on cell near is to create a small task that tracks your current cell id and the last id found, appending the new cell id to a suitably named text file on your phone.
    You can then switch this on and off manually via a widget until you have your base "set" of cell ids. When you have your base set in place for your location based profile, simply add an exit task to trigger the cellid write.
    This will quickly let you collate the cellids you need for complete coverage of your location of choice to cut and paste into the cell near context.
  5. gkf9

gkf9 Well-Known Member

I've sorted it out now thanks, kept scanning for towers over a few days and have managed to scan 2 more. Seems to be working quite well now. .
  6. digit27

digit27 Active Member

Cool... I also noticed that the time of day seems to affect how many towers it picks up. I think it switches more when more calls are in progress in you area. That being true, the method CodeMonkey posted above is a good Idea, since it allows you to scan over the course of a day.