Tasker ProfilesSupport

1. ben1122a

ben1122a Well-Known Member

Here are some tasker profiles I have been using. Good for those having problems with Juice Defender

GPS:
    profile: open maps or Navigation
    Task: toggle gps

These next 3 are best used in conjunction.

DataOff:
    Profile: Display off
    Task: wait x seconds (set your own), mobile data set off IF %screen~off

DataOn:
    Profile: Display Unlocked(or on, your preference)
    Task: Wait x seconds(your call), Mobile Data set on IF %screen~on(the if is good for if you quickly turn the screen back off)

TimerData:
    Profile: Ever 15 minutes(set your own interval, I recommend 15)
    Task: mobile data set on IF %screen~off, Wait x minutes(how long you want to keep it enabled, i recommend 1 minute), Mobile data set off if %screen~off

If you have any questions feel free to post!

Advertisement
    otto5 and thangfish like this.
  2. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member Developer

Maybe I messed something , but what is this? It looks like something I was going to try and do. I'm going to be anoyed if it has already been included. Although I will look at the code and see how it's done.
  3. ben1122a

dsmryder likes this.
  4. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member Developer

I thought I missed some code in cyanogenmod. Looks good though.
  5. thangfish

thangfish Well-Known Member

Hey Ben, thanks for posting these. I've had tasker for awhile and haven't been able to really figure it out, and haven't gotten around to researching it completely. Your examples helped alot.

I'd like to encourage other tasker users to chime in, on this thread.
  6. Ken2Chill

Ken2Chill Well-Known Member

I'm using AutomateIt Pro, it's missing some features of tasker (exit tasks, you'll have to manually create one) but it's much more simpler to use.
  7. ben1122a

If anyone else has other profiles they use, feel free to post them. I will put any new ones I come up with in here once I create them.

P.S. If you want to save more battery life (while you are on wifi) you can copy the data profiles and replace turning data on/off with turning wifi on/off.
    otto5 and dsmryder like this.
  8. otto5

otto5 New Member

Hey! Nice profiles. But how do you set "wait x seconds" parameter? I didn't find such thing in "task" section.

Update: Sorry, have googled it, case closed :)
  9. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

You should share your fix with the rest of the class to help someone else who might run into the same issue. :p Thanks, OB
  10. otto5

otto5 New Member

Sorry, don't remember :(, as I uninstalled Tasker few days ago(maybe temporarily), because my phone started waking from deep sleep constantly. Don't know if that was Tasker's fault, but I'm just trying to eliminate possible causes.
  11. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Good luck and let us know how you make out with your phone.Inquiring minds want to know! :p