• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker / Secure Settings / Pattern Lock Off - Help!

chris.ky

Lurker
Dec 22, 2010
Hi, I apologize in advance if this has been spoken about before but after days of searching I haven't found an answer.

I have managed to setup Tasker and Secure Settings to turn off my Pattern Code when connected to my home wifi, however the 'first' time opening the phone once Pattern Lock is Disabled I still have to swipe to unlock my phone. normally this is fine but...

... now I'm trying to get my phone to; Unlock, Wake Up, Launch an App and stay on that screen, everything appears to work other than the Phone wont wake and sit on that App, The App will Launch only after I unlock my phone, but for the App to do it's thing it wont work unless the Phone is awake and the App is active.

Any feedback would be great, I just cannot work this out, perhaps there is no fix?

Need more information. Can you post the profile and tasks?

... Thom
--
Profile: WiFi Home (2)
State: Wifi Connected [ SSID:WiFi MAC:* IP:* ]
Enter: Home Wifi Connect (12)
A1: Perform Task [ Name:Screenlock Off Priority:%priority Parameter 1 (%par1): Parameter 2 (%par2): Return Value Variable: Stop:Off ]
A2: Perform Task [ Name:Screen Time 2m Priority:%priority Parameter 1 (%par1): Parameter 2 (%par2): Return Value Variable: Stop:Off ]

Exit: Home Wifi DC (14)
A1: Perform Task [ Name:Screenlock On Priority:%priority Parameter 1 (%par1): Parameter 2 (%par2): Return Value Variable: Stop:Off ]
A2: Perform Task [ Name:Screen Time 20s Priority:%priority Parameter 1 (%par1): Parameter 2 (%par2): Return Value Variable: Stop:Off ]
--
Home Wifi Connect (12)
A1: Perform Task [ Name:Screenlock Off Priority:%priority Parameter 1 (%par1): Parameter 2 (%par2): Return Value Variable: Stop:Off ]
A2: Perform Task [ Name:Screen Time 2m Priority:%priority Parameter 1 (%par1): Parameter 2 (%par2): Return Value Variable: Stop:Off ]
--
Screenlock Off (3)
A1: Secure Settings [ Configuration: Pattern Lock Disabled Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
--

the tasks I didn't add basically are just the exit features (opposite of what it does here)
Like I say, it does turn off Pattern Lock, but it still requires a swipe to unlock the phone the first time after this runs. then whenever I wake the phone it takes me to whatever the screen was last on.

Upvote 0
Keyguard: Off
I'm guessing this is what Keyguard is referring to, all this time I thought it was something people were using to turn off their screen lock and that it didn't work for people because of the root/unroot phone dilemma.
But it seems in asking I have found my answer, as is the usual case..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones