Tasker slowing down menus a bit?Support

Last Updated:

1. ashwinmudigonda

ashwinmudigonda Member This Topic's Starter

I started using tasker and now I have some pretty sweet profiles running, only two of which use the GPS for location. Probably because it is still my first new smart android phone, I keep thinking that the menus zoom n and out just a tad bit slowly every now and then. I don't know if it is the Tasker or the Launcher Pro Plus version.

Anyone else with me on this?

Advertisement
  2. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

assuming tasker is a taskmanager app that allows you to kill apps, stop using it. immediately stop using it. you need to first understand how android uses and allocates its memory and such.

Your menus are slowing down because you arent allowint it to cache along other things. read on about how android uses its memory and why task killers are bad.

3. rahulsamuel

rahulsamuel Member

Tasker is not a task killing application. It is used to create custom profiles and scripts for the phone. I dont think tasker itself slows the phone, I noticed the phone does get slow when tasker is activating or deactivating a profile but that is understandable as the tasker is accessing various settings and making changes to the phone.

Otherwise atleast i dont think it slows down the phone :)

4. Queue515

Queue515 Active Member

Tell us what your profiles do. Are they active? Are they looping?

5. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member

I've been having the same problem. I found a cache cleaner (accleaner, for example) and it sped it up. The only thing is that if you clear everything, you'll have to wait a bit the first time you run things. Worked really well, though.

Tim