• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker Wifi profile

psaini

Lurker
Nov 26, 2010
hi guys i am trying to get a profile setup for my wifi but that doesnt seems to work very correctly

Here is what i did

Cell near<scanned cells near my house> ---> wifi set on
Wifi near<my SSId>
<-- wifi set off

Now i did this thinking if in my area using scanned cells plus in range of my wifi----> it should turn on

And if the above criteria doesnt match then it should go off

Please advise if i am doing it wrong

i was also thinking when i reach back home phone should say welcome home or something ( was trying just for fun) but that doesnt work properly either i was using it with my wifi profile but the it keeps on reading the message few times i was thinking everytime phone changes the cell it reads the message to me. :(

Will appreciate your help

Cell near<scanned cells near my house> ---> wifi set on
Wifi near<my SSId>
<-- wifi set off

I'm not sure what you're trying to convey with this formatting, but your verbal description of what you're doing sounds correct. Make sure you have Toggle Wifi enabled in the Wifi Near context. If it still doesn't work, I would remove the Cell Near context as the next troubleshooting step.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what you're trying to convey with this formatting, but your verbal description of what you're doing sounds correct. Make sure you have Toggle Wifi enabled in the Wifi Near context. If it still doesn't work, I would remove the Cell Near context as the next troubleshooting step.

Thanks mike

Its the way it looks on my tasker screen

Ill try to explain it differently

1 click on new, profile name wifi
2. clicked on state and selected cell near
3. scanned the cells and click on done
4.It takes you to task edit page click on + sign
5 click on net and selected wifi
6 in wifi window set = on
7back on the main window of tasker and clicked on cell near and select add
8.select state then select wifi near
9 put my ssid and clicked on done
10. clicked on wifi on and selected add exit task
11 clicked on + sign and clicked on net
12 selected wifi
13 wifi set-> off
14 done

Reactions: Matt31
Upvote 0
Thanks mike

Its the way it looks on my tasker screen

Ill try to explain it differently

1 click on new, profile name wifi
2. clicked on state and selected cell near
3. scanned the cells and click on done
4.It takes you to task edit page click on + sign
5 click on net and selected wifi
6 in wifi window set = on
7back on the main window of tasker and clicked on cell near and select add
8.select state then select wifi near
9 put my ssid and clicked on done
10. clicked on wifi on and selected add exit task
11 clicked on + sign and clicked on net
12 selected wifi
13 wifi set-> off
14 done

If that's EXACTLY what you did, then you're missing the Toggle Wifi option in the Wifi Near context. When Wifi is off, this allows Tasker to turn it on for the purpose of checking Wifi proximity.

Reactions: Matt31
Upvote 0
This is a really old thread, but stumbled upon it because I am trying to get my wifi to actually turn on and off when I am in my wifi zone.

Going to give this a try and see if this set up works, havent been able to find one that did so far....

Question - if you selected the wifi toggle in the wifi near setting, since it keeps checking to see if you are close to your wifi, does that mean it will drain the battery more?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones