• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TasKiller free: Best Task Killer I've Used

Asmith1106

Mar 24, 2010
Hands down, this is the best task killer I have used.

Not only does this app kill tasks, as expected, but also un-needed processes. In laymans terms, It turns off what doesn't need to be running!
Using my Eris, I set TasKiller to autokill all apps (except those that I chose to Ignore) when my screen is off, and this app has not only made my Eris faster, but also improved battery life to almost 2 days with moderate use! The autokill widget is nice, but give me the impression that random apps and processes open up when not in use. If you use the "autokill when screen off" setting, this widget is pretty much unnecessary.

Points to remember:
-Ignore any clock widgets you may have downloaded, as TasKiller will kill those also
-"Autokill when screen off" setting greatly improves battery life! If you are having issues with battery drain, use this setting and stop complaining! (Like I was able to)

I would recommend this to any Android user that uses their device moderately, and needs that extra piece of mind that their battery is not being used by unwanted running tasks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones