TAT home? What Happened?

Last Updated:

1. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it me or did the whole TAT home issue kinda fade into the shadows? i promise i read somewhere that is was coming to android and to the market. Or i at least thought someone wouldve just made their own custom TAT-like program. Maybe im losing my damn mind trying to get this Droid to be the ultimate piece of pocket gear ever...

Advertisement
  2. kinfolk248

Is it me or did the whole TAT home issue kinda fade into the shadows? i promise i read somewhere that is was coming to android and to the market. Or i at least thought someone wouldve just made their own custom TAT-like program. Maybe im losing my damn mind trying to get this Droid to be the ultimate piece of pocket gear ever...

3. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

No you aren't losing your mind, I read the same thing... even signed up for the beta via their web site... Never heard anything from them. Was just thinking about this the other day too.

The whole thing seems to have entered vapor ware land, which is sad because it looked SO damn cool!!!

4. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they said they were only considering selling it to an OEM to distribute rather than directly to users. i.e. they wanted to sell it to let's say, Nokia (just an example), as their equivalent of Sense UI for any Android phones they released.

5. kinfolk248

i dont know why they would mess with us like that. sucks major!!

6. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

it does look cool, but it looks like something only us root users could get. First they have to find a buyer, so it will probably be a while if it ever happens.

According to their website anyway

Will TAT Home be available on Android Market?
    The target customers for TAT Home are phone vendors and operators that want a custom user interface on Android phones. At the moment we have no plans to release TAT Home to consumers via an open marketplace.
    When will TAT Home be available then?
    We hope to see TAT Home available for purchase from a mobile service provider or mobile phone manufacturer sometime later this year.

7. kinfolk248

i just thougt for sure i saw it mentioned on droidlife, buttttt......hell idk...maybe wishful thinking....wishful thinking ;(

8. kinfolk248

well that sucks major and i thought i saw it on droidlife but idk, maybe i am losing my damn mind. wishing thinking...

9. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy Well-Known Member

I'm waiting also, patiently.

10. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

It was, and then there was a blog follow up stating what I said above.

Taken from TAT Home's official FAQ:

11. ska.t73

Hmmmmm looks like they changed their plans then, I know it was planned to be realsed as a home replacement on the market... They even had a beta sign up...

Perhaps they ran into what you were saying about only root users being able to use it and figured it would be easier/make more money to release it as a OEM...

12. kinfolk248

thoughts what i thought myself

13. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Glad I lived through the pains of Sweeter Home Preview 2. It's totally stable now, and my custom theme is ridiculous (IMO). TAT Home looked promising ... but not if we can't get it. ;)

14. ska.t73

Now Joe you know very well that as soon as it becomes available us rooters will have it somehow... :p

Glad to hear that SH is stable, I gave up on it a while ago, might have to give it a try again...

15. kinfolk248

that 'preview' they were sending out straight disappeared like they pushed it under the rug

16. kinfolk248

their socalled 'preview' they were supposed to send out kinda just got pushed under the rug huh...