• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TAT home? What Happened?

kinfolk248

Android Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2009
Jackson Mississippi
Is it me or did the whole TAT home issue kinda fade into the shadows? i promise i read somewhere that is was coming to android and to the market. Or i at least thought someone wouldve just made their own custom TAT-like program. Maybe im losing my damn mind trying to get this Droid to be the ultimate piece of pocket gear ever...

Is it me or did the whole TAT home issue kinda fade into the shadows? i promise i read somewhere that is was coming to android and to the market. Or i at least thought someone wouldve just made their own custom TAT-like program. Maybe im losing my damn mind trying to get this Droid to be the ultimate piece of pocket gear ever...

No you aren't losing your mind, I read the same thing... even signed up for the beta via their web site... Never heard anything from them. Was just thinking about this the other day too.

The whole thing seems to have entered vapor ware land, which is sad because it looked SO damn cool!!!

Upvote 0
it does look cool, but it looks like something only us root users could get. First they have to find a buyer, so it will probably be a while if it ever happens.

According to their website anyway

Will TAT Home be available on Android Market?
The target customers for TAT Home are phone vendors and operators that want a custom user interface on Android phones. At the moment we have no plans to release TAT Home to consumers via an open marketplace.
When will TAT Home be available then?
We hope to see TAT Home available for purchase from a mobile service provider or mobile phone manufacturer sometime later this year.

Upvote 0
well that sucks major and i thought i saw it on droidlife but idk, maybe i am losing my damn mind. wishing thinking...

It was, and then there was a blog follow up stating what I said above.

Taken from TAT Home's official FAQ:

The target customers for TAT Home are phone vendors and operators that want a custom user interface on Android phones. At the moment we have no plans to release TAT Home to consumers via an open marketplace.

Upvote 0
it does look cool, but it looks like something only us root users could get. First they have to find a buyer, so it will probably be a while if it ever happens.

According to their website anyway

When will TAT Home be available then?
We hope to see TAT Home available for purchase from a mobile service provider or mobile phone manufacturer sometime later this year.

Hmmmmm looks like they changed their plans then, I know it was planned to be realsed as a home replacement on the market... They even had a beta sign up...

Perhaps they ran into what you were saying about only root users being able to use it and figured it would be easier/make more money to release it as a OEM...

Upvote 0
Glad I lived through the pains of Sweeter Home Preview 2. It's totally stable now, and my custom theme is ridiculous (IMO). TAT Home looked promising ... but not if we can't get it. ;)

Now Joe you know very well that as soon as it becomes available us rooters will have it somehow... :p

Glad to hear that SH is stable, I gave up on it a while ago, might have to give it a try again...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones