Tattoo low memory

Last Updated:

1. rokk

rokk Member This Topic's Starter

hi there,

I have Tatoo for 2 weeks and I have problem with phone memory. There are cca 25mb of apps installed and phone is showing 21mb/165mb free and alerting low disk space. Is there cache I can clear or something? My girlfriend also has Tatoo and it is showing her correct amount(120mb/165mb free).

Advertisement
  2. samski

samski Active Member

Hmm, perhaps it will save to the sd card when u hit maximum. Googling showed up that you can install from ur card but you need to download the .apk file.

I also hit up the android market help and turned up this thread from 08:
    google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=7274b76892aec615&hl=en

Hmm working on it for 2 years and cant get over security issues :-s nuts!!

Hope you find a solution. As start I would try finding the downloaded .apk in ur phone mem (using estrongs) then copy it to ur sd card. Uninstall the app. Then click on the .apk on ur sd card and it might/should install.

Good luck :)

3. rokk

thanks. I'll try that

4. rokk

it looks like every apk I Install from market or with HTC sync stays on phone memory after I uninstall it. Yesterday I had to do factory restore cause I didn't have any more space and had just a few aps installed. For example apk is 2mb. After I install it it takes 4mb of space and when I uninstall it it only gives me back 2mb. If I use sdcard everything is ok. Can enyone help me with this?

5. samski

samski Active Member

Hmm so nearly there. Can you not delete the .apks that are left after install?

6. rokk

I can't find them. I tried search using estrongs but it didn't move from 0% for 30 min so I stopped it and try to browse sys folder. There is nothnig in apps folder. Do you know maybe where should they be?

7. samski

samski Active Member

ok im having trouble reproducing your problem...

i just installed and uninstalled a few apps, including epocrates (6MB) but my remaining storage did not change significantly

how are you uninstalling apps? through the market?

8. rokk

No. I was uninstalling it through manage apps, so I tried uninstall through market and it's working. Yeah. Thank you. You've been a great help.
    Are you using market for uninstall also?

9. samski

samski Active Member

yup... glad you found the solution... good to know that you need to use the market to completely remove.

as for getting hold of the .apks from your phone memory, i think you need to have your phone rooted (im new to this too) or i think you can download it on your computer and transfer it.

10. Intiims

Intiims Member

If you download the app from market you need to clear market Cache. I just installed app from market, uninstalled it form AppManager, deleted markets cache and got back the memory with what I started.

11. rokk

You are right. That solves it. Just have to find out which cache HTC sync is using for app install, so I can get back 15mb from last few days. Tnx

12. samski

samski Active Member

Ahaa. I did wonder about that. Good to know...