• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tattoo "reboots"

LucyMouse

Lurker
Dec 18, 2009
UK
I have had my tattoo for 3 weeks now - and like it very much ... however over last 2 weeks I keep finding it reboots itself - sometimes when I am browsing... but also it does it when I am not even using it (I notice as I hear the start up noises) - I have noticed it most days....

Has anyone else had this - am tempted to do a return to factory settings and see if it was something I have installed (is there a quick way to back up people/settings?) - although I have installed very little on it so far.

Are there any system areas that log errors / reboots / reasons etc?

L

I've had mine for about a month and in that time I think it has only done a random reboot once. And, I've installed lots of different, intensive apps.

Don't hang around on this one. If there is a problem get it back to Vodafone quickly. I think they will do a swap for a new one if there is a problem. But only within the first 28 days - otherwise it will be sent off for repair. (I'm pretty sure that's the case anyway)

Personally, I don't think it should be doing this so soon after you got it.

- Mark

Upvote 0
No I didn't think it was supposed to do it either! Predictably it hasn't done it today :p I am back to basics apps only though. I removed facebook and Babbler and had also noted (google) contacts update was erroring on the data synch bit ... so am suspecting that might have something to do with it.

I have already had to exchange handset once because it was not getting any signal (or it kept saying out of service, when my old vodafone clearly showed I was not). Carphone warehouse did straight swap.. My 28 days run out on 14th Jan - so will give it a few more days and monitor.

Thanks for your response, will keep you posted.

Upvote 0
I have my Tattoo for about 3 moths and for the past weeks it started with the random reboots. I suspect that it must be something related to an app or something.

Although these events are very rare one strange thing happened once, the phone rebooted without loading the HTC Sense IU, instead it started on the original Android interface. Did that happened with anyone else?

Upvote 0
To exclude third party applications as a possible cause I would recommend an hard reset (restore factory settings). If the phone remains stable after a while it is a strong indication that a third party app is the cause. Please keep in mind that it might also be hardware related. For example: an application which needs a lot of CPU power will cause more heat generation. Some phones are very sensitve to heat, especially in a warm enviroment or when mounted in which case they cannot lose as much heat as necessary.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones