• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ Team Osiris ][ Linaro ] CyanogenMOD 10 Beta 2.0 Camera WORKING ( Jellybean 4.1.2 ) for ZTE WARP

Yea pretty sure they are the same for now untill the 3.0.8 kernel dm was and probly still is working on comes to town though its not my place to say lol but i have high hopes

I should of asked that diff .i see its the same kernek butvi mean "tweaked"I see a page or two back ,DM said the aokp kernel was updated and he didn't get to update the cm10 kernel yet to be up to par. I think he still has to "upgrade"? it he changed it more since the data fix. I know I answered my own question I just thought I may of missed something. I guess aokp and root box are the same but this one isn't yet,thats what he said to me in the aokp thread atleast

Upvote 0
Not to be mean or anything but, i think he got it from imagination land or something. Unless he made it himself and won't release the source. I think this is as stable as it gets currently, until dm and phenom come up with more fixes. :p

I'm thinking the freezes are related to prebuilts we are using. I'll have to look into it some more though.

Upvote 0
I was looking on XDA, and I found this guy that said he was running a "STABLE VERSION OF CM10". I asked if he could send me the zip, but his post was from May. Maybe????? If so, where did he get it?

Not to be mean or anything but, i think he got it from imagination land or something. Unless he made it himself and won't release the source. I think this is as stable as it gets currently, until dm and phenom come up with more fixes. :p

No way possible:) I had a Beta of CM10 last year around Feb or so, Nowhere near what it is Today;) But then the Dev working on it went Quiet, Must have been a Storm:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
It's been a while since the last update. Not even a post for over a month. I was just curious if anything more is being worked on right now. Not trying to rush anything, just curious. You've been doing a great job so far!

yeah. just juggeling some projects and had to switch out my build system

Upvote 0
yeah. just juggeling some projects and had to switch out my build system

That's cool. Thanks for the update. I've managed to crack the glass on both of my WARPs. I'm thinking of getting a new phone, but not sure. But I'm still going to keep them around to play with because they are great phones. Even better now thanks to you. Before cracking the glass, I was using the spare one as a VoIP phone.

Upvote 0
That's cool. Thanks for the update. I've managed to crack the glass on both of my WARPs. I'm thinking of getting a new phone, but not sure. But I'm still going to keep them around to play with because they are great phones. Even better now thanks to you. Before cracking the glass, I was using the spare one as a VoIP phone.

They're surprisingly easy to change. I ordered a pair of digitizers on eBay and replaced them myself with zero prior phone surgery experience.

Upvote 0
indeed surgery on these phones is easy just make sure u dont miss any screws (even ones hidden under black stickers) or tear any ribbons but they are very sturdy not easy to tear

Yeah, I've actually replaced them both once already. I have a habbit of dropping them often while at work, on a cement floor, or forgetting it's on my lap while driving and getting out of the vehivle. LOL

Last time I found them for about $13 on eBay. Know of any good sources that are good quality? The last ones I had to custom cut the double sided tape. That was the not-so-fun part.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I've actually replaced them both once already. I have a habbit of dropping them often while at work, on a cement floor, or forgetting it's on my lap while driving and getting out of the vehivle. LOL

Last time I found them for about $13 on eBay. Know of any good sources that are good quality? The last ones I had to custom cut the double sided tape. That was the not-so-fun part.

This is what I bought. It is a direct drop-in replacement for the stock digi and required no modification.

Reactions: Dslack420
Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to get this ROM to work ..... No connectivity (internet)

A bit more information would be helpful. Like which version you're using, if you've flashed the RAMdisk patch or not, recovery image, etc.

Otherwise, all I can offer is some basic advice

For CM10:
-Make sure the RAMdisk patch is applied, and the super-light gapps are installed
-Try formatting (wiping) your cache and dalvik-cache
-Try a new download and re-install
--Although the script should do it automatically, I always manually format all of my partitions before installing a new ROM (cache, dalvik-cache, system, data)

For WOEM:
-Should work as simply restoring a backup (assuming you made before flashing CM10) or just freshly installing again through recovery

Hope this helps a little. Sorry if this derails the thread a bit.

Upvote 0
Well so far while ROM is different..Trying to get used to it.One main issue having right off is that its locking up quite a bit requiring removal of battery often to reboot.

Still trying to figure out whats in it or not compared to WARP OEM of STOCK.. I know there will be some differences that I need to get used to and work around. I do see that phone microphone is not working

Upvote 0
I understand basically been wanting to try ROM out for a while. While very interesting Im finding it slow as in much delayed when accessing apps and freezing up often. also apparently I see tethering may not work , which I need due to lack decent internet . I'm "borrowing ' via WiFi, now on main PC but should that go away I'll need to have capability via phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones