• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Team Osiris][ROM][Beta] Unofficial CM11

jetx2x

Android Expert
Mar 24, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I'm making this thread to serve as a proper home for CM11... unless you live under a rock you already know the usual *beware, this is a custom rom* warnings so I'll skip it and move on right to the point.

2znslxy.png

Not working:
Bluetooth (Sometimes will pair but usually not)
Graphical issues???
MMS???

*WARNING*
Don't manually turn your brightness all the way down... It will literally turn the screen off... I'll have it fixed later

Bugs:
Front facing camera is vertically flipped
Video Recording doesn't actually record

Working:
Everything else :p

Download links:
2/13/14

GAPPS:
cm11 gapps

Credits:
Too lazy right now :p
But everyone that contributed to CM10 thus far lol

Very nice man :) Mobile data works, sms works. No graphics issues here...kinda choppy but this device is kinda choppy.

edit: native wifi tether works

edit2: torch works

edit3: Google now voice commands do not work. I think the voice search app may not be installed. Something strange...when i open google now and start typing, text does not appear in the search bar when using gesture typing. It only appears when touching each letter.

Upvote 0
Very nice man :) Mobile data works, sms works. No graphics issues here...kinda choppy but this device is kinda choppy.

edit: native wifi tether works

edit2: torch works

edit3: Google now voice commands do not work. I think the voice search app may not be installed. Something strange...when i open google now and start typing, text does not appear in the search bar when using gesture typing. It only appears when touching each letter.

By graphics issues I meant sometimes the keyboard doesn't load graphically unless you touch it sometimes... Glad everything is working... Think I have browsing fixed... Flashing the build now :D

Upvote 0
Apps that do not use the native webkit or whatever work fine as far as web browsing goes... Just tested chrome and it works fine... I recommend everyone uses it for now... I will have the stock browser fixed soon

Edit: Just used the YouTube app... Video works fine... My original test was with a 1.3gb 1080p video I took on my gs3... It would be a miracle if it played perfectly fine Lol... Guess video playback isn't as screwed as I thought

Reactions: DimBulb
Upvote 0
First download of CM-11, ended at 78.9MB.

That didn't get checked, since I was backing up backups, and otherwise "preparing" to install.

Install failed of course, (corrupted, can't open) so I'm downloading again.

Funny that the first one ended, and presented as finished downloading onto PC, (that's why I think I didn't check it's size, 78MB vs 190MB is a giveaway).

I'll get back, (it's going to be a long download looks like 20-90KB/sec Wi-Fi, on PC.)

Upvote 0
Video has issues in native cm10 video player as well. MX Player works well ;)

Knowing that gives me an idea of where to look and try to fix... Web browsing still broken... It seems to be a common thing amongst 7x30 devices and kitkat so it will definitely be fixed soon...

Btw... Google Now voice commands don't work from the this launcher (The "OK, google" command)... That is a feature only available on the google experience launcher... You have to manually open google now to use voice commands unless you install the new launcher from else where on the interwebs... I assume that that's what you were referring to by saying voice commands don't work

Upvote 0
Knowing that gives me an idea of where to look and try to fix... Web browsing still broken... It seems to be a common thing amongst 7x30 devices and kitkat so it will definitely be fixed soon...

Btw... Google Now voice commands don't work from the this launcher (The "OK, google" command)... That is a feature only available on the google experience launcher... You have to manually open google now to use voice commands unless you install the new launcher from else where on the interwebs... I assume that that's what you were referring to by saying voice commands don't work

I clicked the search bar at the top of the home screen, then clicked the mic icon on the right. However, I did not install voice search or gapps. I will test it later tonight. The mic works for sure so i am sure this will work once i get the correct apps installed :)

Upvote 0
The install cm 11 Unofficial warp2.zip, went fine, but the gapps failed.

gapps-KK-201405-signed.zip/status 7 -install aborted

I installed right after the CM11 without booting up

I downloaded the only CM11 (the first Gapps # 20140105) at 83.1MB

Should I boot the phone up first, then go back into recover to install the gapps?

Upvote 0
The install cm 11 Unofficial warp2.zip, went fine, but the gapps failed.

gapps-KK-201405-signed.zip/status 7 -install aborted

I installed right after the CM11 without booting up

I downloaded the only CM11 (the first Gapps # 20140105) at 83.1MB

Should I boot the phone up first, then go back into recover to install the gapps?

Are you using jetx2x's new recovery or the older cwm? I ask because there may be an issue with certain update-binary files with the new recovery. It was mentioned here.

Upvote 0

I have noticed that voice commands do not work with the newer Google text to speech update.. ONLY stock seems to work with these ZTE devices no matter what I do.. that includes Sequent, the Force, and the 4G LTE

Upvote 0
Cyanogenmod boot animation was looping for about 2 full minutes, than started normally.

Without the gapps .zip installed, I still have what I need (really) all ready loaded.

Downloading (3g) Titainium Backup now.

WiFi tether set up and tethered my Nexus7 practically by itself, full speed too 65MB claimed.

Very fast even snappy performance so far. Very nice user interface, (have K.K. on my Tablet, so their very similar) On the Warp2, it's a new and welcome interface.

Your right about camera, went to black screen, and no responce to key's, figured I'd pull the battery, but then... rebooted (by itself?), I set it aside to type that, and it started booting again.

Can't figure out how to grab a screen shot, (button combinations would on the Nexus7) but can validate in setting's/about phone, it says:
Android 4.4.2
Kernel 3.0.8 Plaque
Have the scrolling blue lines but no active download yet from Playstore,after 15 minutes on the charger. (probably too busy? at 1:45 central time) .

What can I let you know specifically to help?

Upvote 0
Stock browser, wanted to sign up to Google, said sure, than it stalled.
Backed out, checked Apollo, and Gallery both fine.

Went back to stock browser, and it flashed to Playstore page, than to it's black search window, but it's really not working as was said by jetx2x.

Still not getting Titainium to download, after 1/2 hour.

I'm going to need some hand holding as far as flashing the no touch recovery.
Is there any chance it can mess with restoring my backups, from this KK later today?

Upvote 0
It might work better with the newer recovery. Worth a shot.

I've downloaded the new recovery, but it's also on the link you sent, that this is said:

"Looks Great. Unfortunately it doesn't let me install any other roms but cyanogenmod 10.1 which isnt fully functional..

everytime i try to install it would say;

"Formatting system
format() expects 5 args, got 3
E:error
(Status 7) "

If there's partition size differences like we all ran into previously, and I end up, like this fella, and not able to restore, ...well you know, just want to preserve a little of the sanity I still posses. :)

Upvote 0
I've downloaded the new recovery, but it's also on the link you sent, that this is said:

"Looks Great. Unfortunately it doesn't let me install any other roms but cyanogenmod 10.1 which isnt fully functional..

everytime i try to install it would say;

"Formatting system
format() expects 5 args, got 3
E:error
(Status 7) "

If there's partition size differences like we all ran into previously, and I end up, like this fella, and not able to restore, ...well you know, just want to preserve a little of the sanity I still posses. :)
It's not going to ruin your phone or make it so you can't restore. The update-binary needs to be updated in the older roms to work with the new recovery. I will walk you through it if necessary...not difficult at all

edit: we may need to change a line in the updater-script as well, but still not difficult

Upvote 0
It's not going to ruin your phone or make it so you can't restore. The update-binary needs to be updated in the older roms to work with the new recovery. I will walk you through it if necessary...not difficult at all

edit: we may need to change a line in the updater-script as well, but still not difficult

Super,

I've been on your B13, so your the go-to guy, your going to know if it's OK or not.

So, in recovery, just do an install zip and than find where I put the "New recovery", and the rest is automatic?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Super,

I've been on your B13, so your the go-to guy, your going to know if it's OK or not.

So, in recovery, just do an install zip and than find where I put the "New recovery", and the rest is automatic?

Thanks.
If he provided a flashable zip, then you are correct. I have not tried the new recovery, or flashing gapps so I may be in a similar situation this evening when I get a chance to play again :)

Upvote 0
If he provided a flashable zip, then you are correct. I have not tried the new recovery, or flashing gapps so I may be in a similar situation this evening when I get a chance to play again :)

Thanks,

I've got an unanticipated problem. I can't get the download to start (Titainium).

So, I'm asking myself, how do I get into recovery?

Honestly don't think, I have ever to not been able, to load my installed apk's that have widgets or direct links that gives me access to recovery.

???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones