Teathering on t mobile uk?

Last Updated:

1. DougSwift

DougSwift New Member This Topic's Starter

Cool forum!

I read about their 3gb policy on here and as I got mine from buy mobile.net I called to check today. I was on the 1gb and they swaped me over and gave me a choice of booster :) As i now have all this data I want to spread the love a little! So is it ok to teather assuming there is an app?

Thanks
    Doug

Advertisement
  2. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

I have read that tethering is permitted by T-Mobile if you are on the 3GB Web n Walk tariff. I'm only aware of USB cable tethering in the Desire (I used to be able to wirelessly tether my old Windows phone using Bluetooth).

Ian

3. gd123

gd123 Well-Known Member

I am interested in this too, as I currently pay for 3 mobile broadband as well and only use it when we go away on caravan trips ( and then it never works when we want it)

Can we get rid of this and contact laptop via desire??

4. ijb

ijb Member

Yes, you can get rid of your 3g dongle. Tethering by USB on T-mobile works fine. You need to install the drivers that come along with HTC Sync, and then connect your phone to your PC and change the connection type to "Share internet connection" (or something like that -- i can't check on my phone right now). WiFi hotspot capability (i.e., wireless tethering) is coming in Android 2.2 Froyo.

gd123 likes this.
  5. DougSwift

DougSwift New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replys.

Looks like I just have to hold out for the new software release! Done a few speed tests on the 3G and the highest so far was 2909kbs. Awsome :)